Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Black Label
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Black Label Have you been treated good or bad? Share your story. This is the place to praise or shame

Old 09-22-2001, 06:31 AM

Okay Robert, you'll have a piece of me on this.

I bought some of the Turtle wax color wax for my jeep. The green color wax that is supposed to reduce scratches. I used it, wasn't impressed with the results and went back to the place I bought it and raised a little heck and got my money back. WELL.....

I put my doors on when the inlaws came and noticed that, I, uh.. have doors with more scratches showing that the body.

DOH! The stuff actually worked on some of the scratches.

R/
William
Old 09-22-2001, 07:12 AM
Administrator

That sounds cool William, did you happen to notice if they had any colored for flame jobs?

That would be the traditional hot rod 3 color fade with blue tips.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.
Which is more important, the degree or education?
Old 09-22-2001, 10:10 AM

If you wax the doors, they will look like the rest of your Jeep. Test a spot. I bet it was the wax and not the coloring in the wax.

***Your true value depends entirely on what you are compared with***
Old 09-24-2001, 07:41 AM
Reggae

Don’t forget that on top of that green, you have the clearcoat, which is clear. Therefore, unless, the scratches go all the way to the green or metal, it is better to fill them with clear scratch removing stuff... There are several approaches, usually the ones that work very well don’t last long.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 09-24-2001, 09:12 AM

I'm not sure how the wax got rid of the scratches.. but it did. Not big ones, but small ones, and it made the big ones less noticable. Removing the scratches was really, just a side benifit. All I really wanted to was to clean up the jeep a little and take care of it.

I even used a little simple green to clean up excess grease etc under the jeep this weekend.

R/
William
Old 09-24-2001, 12:47 PM

William,
Don't go overboard on cleaning up your Jeep and stuff, because then we won't be able to recognize you on our Official JeepBBS Desert run.

FWIW, TO gave you the right information, your scratches are not in your paint but in the clear coat. There is only 1 coat of paint under 2 coats of clean on TJ's. Most likely, the green wax stuff just hid everything, didn't eliminate it. You can have the Jeep wet sanded to buff the clear and that will take 90% of the scratches out if you really want to go whole hog

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/Swampers
www.geocities.com/yatezess/