Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 09-03-2004, 11:12 PM

YJ. Removing the vacuum switch at the t-case

Anybody know what I may need to do to remove the switch? I am in the process of installing Superior front axles. I am installing the EV32 kit that eliminates the vacuum disconnect.

I pulled all the vacuum lines and now I am pondering what to do with the vacuum switch on the transfer case. Pulling the vacuum lines has left me with four open holes on top of the t-case. Rather than just plug the holes, I would like to pull the switch and put it into by brothers XJ. His switch has been giving him fits for a couple of years.

I apologize for the lame question, but I am in the middle of the job and do not have my manuals with me.

Kelly
Old 09-04-2004, 11:39 AM

Re: YJ. Removing the vacuum switch at the t-case

Quote:
Originally posted by kranky_kel
Anybody know what I may need to do to remove the switch? I am in the process of installing Superior front axles. I am installing the EV32 kit that eliminates the vacuum disconnect.

I pulled all the vacuum lines and now I am pondering what to do with the vacuum switch on the transfer case. Pulling the vacuum lines has left me with four open holes on top of the t-case. Rather than just plug the holes, I would like to pull the switch and put it into by brothers XJ. His switch has been giving him fits for a couple of years.

I apologize for the lame question, but I am in the middle of the job and do not have my manuals with me.

Kelly
What is the EV32 kit? Did you receive your Superior shafts already? Mine have been on order about 3 weeks so far.
totally worn out, shouting,
"...HOLY $HIT...what a ride!"
Old 09-04-2004, 12:08 PM

The EV32 kit, I believe is basically a TJ kit, except it comes with the axle seals and block off plate to remove a YJ axle disconnect. I am very pleased with the kit. It includes everything I need to remove the disconnect on the axle. A surprise to me was the kit came with two Spicer 5-760x u-joints.

I ordered the kit last Wednesday, Aug. 26, from Northridge4x4.com. It was drop shipped from Superior and showed up yesterday (Friday).
Old 09-04-2004, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The EV32 kit, I believe is basically a TJ kit, except it comes with the axle seals and block off plate to remove a YJ axle disconnect. I am very pleased with the kit. It includes everything I need to remove the disconnect on the axle. A surprise to me was the kit came with two Spicer 5-760x u-joints.

I ordered the kit last Wednesday, Aug. 26, from Northridge4x4.com. It was drop shipped from Superior and showed up yesterday (Friday).
Well; doesn't that just chap my hyde!!! It could be because your kit was a different part number; who knows? I've been waiting for the inners and outters for the Dana 30 for weeks! I guess it's not first come; first serve. Grrr!

Well Kanky; you'll just have to ship me the ones you received as I ordered first!
Old 09-04-2004, 01:37 PM

Ha Ha
I already have the u-joints installed and the front end tore down. Come and get the axles.

My next step is removing the old axle seals and installing the new ones (which I think is probably going to be the most challenging part of this whole project). I would not bother with the drivers side seal, but it is leaking.

It is funny (well not really), that you have not received your stuff yet. Because when I initially ordered the kit, Northridge called me back. They stated Superior had told him that they just sold their last YJ kit the day before I ordered mine. I was informed that it might take a while before I get my kit because they were going to have to build a new one to ship to me.

BTW, what will you are throwing the axles into, a YJ, TJ?? Did you order a ?kit? or just the shafts?
Old 09-04-2004, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Ha Ha
I already have the u-joints installed and the front end tore down. Come and get the axles.

My next step is removing the old axle seals and installing the new ones (which I think is probably going to be the most challenging part of this whole project). I would not bother with the drivers side seal, but it is leaking.

It is funny (well not really), that you have not received your stuff yet. Because when I initially ordered the kit, Northridge called me back. They stated Superior had told him that they just sold their last YJ kit the day before I ordered mine. I was informed that it might take a while before I get my kit because they were going to have to build a new one to ship to me.

BTW, what will you are throwing the axles into, a YJ, TJ?? Did you order a ?kit? or just the shafts?
I hear ya on the seals, but do it right the first time!

Yeah; it must be because you ordered a YJ kit as mine is the TJ shafts only. Mine is an '03 so seals and such are good.

I asked about your kit as i'm overhauling a Comanche right now and I plan on removing the vacuum disconnect and going with the PosiLock cable actuator kit.

You know; Stu and I were talking the other day and I might have goofed. The Warn hub kit comes with Warn outter shafts. The Superiors won't work.