Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 01-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Question 88 Wrangler vacuum routing

My son has an 88 Wrangler, 4.2 with a manual trans. It has some vacuum lines that appear to go from the transfer case to the front diff, but they are all broken and we do not know the exact routing. Does any body have a FSM that they could send me the scamatic? Any help in this matter would be great.
Thanks
Mark
Old 01-23-2009, 05:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by snddoc1 View Post
My son has an 88 Wrangler, 4.2 with a manual trans. It has some vacuum lines that appear to go from the transfer case to the front diff, but they are all broken and we do not know the exact routing. Does any body have a FSM that they could send me the scamatic? Any help in this matter would be great.
Thanks
Mark
i had a 90 with the same deal.. i dont have a fsm but i think it goes up to the fire wall to some sort of valve or block too... i have a haynes and chilton book somwhere for it i think, will look....

my 90 was a vacuum line nightmare. you should replace every line just to eliminate potential problems... after i went through it, i eliminated a few things. added a golf tee or two.. got way better milage...
Old 01-23-2009, 06:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tim
well i found one book with one diagram of the CAD area with my scribbles on it. here's a pic...
Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 PM

Smile Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
well i found one book with one diagram of the CAD area with my scribbles on it. here's a pic...
Thank You!
I will look at it tomorrow. I put an engine in it last year, so the lines under the hood were done then.
Mark