Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 08-19-2001, 05:17 PM

MattBrewTJ on JU

You know, I was kind of thinking (yes, I know that could be dangerous), but there is a post on JU where it might be nice for the JeepBBS community to provide a very small bit of support to mrblaine. Here's the URL ... null

As you will note, MattBrewTJ has posted on the subject of painting his Kilby gas tank skid. On the other hand, our own mrblaine has kindly reminded mrmatt in that same thread that he still owes mrblaine some money (while, as most of us know, it's not an immense amount of money, it is nevertheless the principle of the thing).

Anyway, I have kicked the thread btt, but it is again sinking (probably to the satisfaction of MattBrewTJ). It is entirely up to the individual on this board, but may I humbly suggest that some of us "take turns" kicking this JU thread btt in the hopes that mrmatt will finally see the error of his pusillanimous ways and finally respond to mrblaine?

Just a kindly and idle suggestion for your consideration ...

Don
Old 08-19-2001, 05:35 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DC:

pusillanimous
[/quote]

OK, I consider myself to be a fairly well read individual, and I had to look this word up in the dictionary .. what else have I missed out on?
In honor of my learning a new word tonight, I will give it a BTT.

Little 2000 TJ ... itching to grow
Old 08-19-2001, 05:47 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AmyTJ:
Quote:
Originally posted by DC:
pusillanimous
OK, I consider myself to be a fairly well read individual, and I had to look this word up in the dictionary .. what else have I missed out on?
In honor of my learning a new word tonight, I will give it a BTT.
[/QUOTE]

Amy,

Sorry about that, but actually there's a bit of trivia associated with that word that got me into using it a number of years ago. Now although I am from a different political persuasion (and would otherwise be loathe to find myself in any form of agreement with such a person on most subjects), I nevertheless got a kick out of George Wallace using the phrase "pusillanimous pussyfooters" in his speeches (or other such "oratories"). I had to look it up at the time, but after learning its meaning, I kind of liked it and have put it to use in certain, select instances. But then, that's no doubt more than you wanted to know about the subject.

Don
Old 08-19-2001, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Amy and others, Matt has responded in a decidedly nocent manner with regard to me personally. I am now the recipient of adult oriented newsletters from the gender impaired, and if I ever enjoy a happenstance encounter with a brick and mortar toner cartridge salesman, I will be forced to thrust upon him a pugilistic exhibition the likes of which are heretofore unknown.

I am reticent to enlist the aid of you great people. Your well wishes are immensely appreciated, but I fear for the unjust reward that may be headed your direction. Besides, I am just having a little fun with the moron. I posted some replies to some of his topics and he deleted them. I would have to guess that he hasn't figured out that he can't delete the ones I start. Why wouldn't he be able to surmise that is my next method of recreational merriment?

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.
Old 08-19-2001, 06:12 PM

Blaine,

Well, well, well ... so good old Matt's the one. I never did hear the "punch line" from William (based on his earlier JU post on the gay email thing ... "gender impared" ... that's pretty good). Anyway, in lieu of knowing the behind-the-scenes stuff, we were just trying to contribute to the cause.

Dont
Old 08-19-2001, 06:21 PM

DC, thanks for the history, really, I enjoy learning new words, and will make a point to start using it. Some of my employees' pictures should be in Webster's next to the word
mrblaine, you are using some awefully big words tonight, too. I was up for 11 hours yesterday pickling pickles with my mother, not knowing that I would have to think tonight. I appreciate your concern regarding the retaliation, but it's a non-issue to me.

Little 2000 TJ ... itching to grow
Old 08-19-2001, 06:44 PM
Administrator

I don't always use them, but when I talk to DC, it pays to stay in practice. I do it to keep him in practice also. You ought to see some of our e-mails. I have a dictionary in one hand and a thesaurus in the other.

Here I can translate for you. I am getting Gay.com newsletters and multiple ads for toner cartridges. I get so many toner cartridge ads that I may punch the next real life salesman I run into. None of this took place before I publicly started picking on Matt and requesting that he send my money to me. Shortly after that, William chimed in on a thread in sort of a sideways reference also. Now William and I correspond with a lisp.

I cannot verify for certain that Matt is the culprit, but if I were a betting man, my money would be on him.

Old 08-19-2001, 07:10 PM
Banned

Well, I guess Chris really did delete my username/password. Matt doesn't list an e-mail online, do you have one for him, or know his real name?

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom
Old 08-20-2001, 10:58 AM

Anyone Want to Go On a Date ?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrblaine:
I am getting Gay.com newsletters and multiple ads for toner cartridges. I get so many toner cartridge ads that I may punch the next real life salesman I run into. None of this took place before I publicly started pick ing on Matt and requesting that he send my money to me. Shortly after that, William chimed in on a thread in sort of a sideways reference also. Now William and I correspond with a lisp.

I cannot verify for certain that Matt is the culprit, but if I were a betting man, my money would be on him.
[/quote]

Blaine,

Well you know, it may just be a coincidence, but I just received an unsolicited email that said I was signed up for a dating service (at least it wasn't a gay dating service!). Don't know if it's our friend Matt, but it is interesting that it just happened the morning after my "supportive" posts on his JU thread yesterday evening.

Don
Old 08-20-2001, 12:26 PM
Banned

Blaine,

I'll be going to TN, Monteagle on labor day to be one of the trail leaders on the Rosser Roundup, it's a pretty big event.

I noticed that Mattbrew is from TN. Does anyone here knows if anyone from the East coast has wheeled with him in the past that can be contacted. Do we know what he looks like, what kind of ride he has, etc.

This happens to be one of "the events" of the area and I'm sure there is a good chance of finding him there especially if he is from TN.

If I manage to locate him, there is a possibility of getting your money amongst a few other things, nothing drastic but I'm sure you would enjoy a few digital pics. I know most of the trail leaders that could help in locating him.

Maybe someone should start a thread with regards to this event to see who is going. My suggestion... no one that has responded to his low life actions should be involved in the thread including myself as I don't wish for him to know that I will be there until he sees me.

Keep me posted on any info that could help with what this guy looks like.

Jim B.

97TJ El Niño, Mods listed on Web Site.
JJB@worldoversea.com
http://www.jeep.worldoversea.com
Jeep Rater Score: 42
Old 08-20-2001, 08:39 PM

Twern't I

Did you ever get the feeling that MattBrewSucks over on JU?

And although I agree with the sentiments expressed, just for anyone's interest or edification ... I am not "MattBrewSucks".

Respectfully,
Grandpappy
Old 08-20-2001, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Little guilt there DC? I myself am curious. I have to admit that it is a wonderful effort, but I have not seen a post from him in the last few days.

[This message was edited by mrblaine on August 20, 2001 at 10:06 PM.]
Old 08-20-2001, 09:18 PM

Little guilt there DC? I myself am curious. I have to admit that it is a wonderful effort, but I have not seen a post from him in the last few days.
[/quote]

No guilt whatsoever Blaine. But I did feel compelled to state the obvious, since I had started this thread about trying to help you out on JU from the JeepBBS community angle. However, my otherwise good intentions did not extend to whatever is going on over there now (although it appears to simply be on a nuisance level at this point). I have some ideas who it may be as the technique seems reminicent of some other approaches I have previously seen or heard about. But who really knows for sure except MattBrewSucks?‰
Old 08-20-2001, 09:30 PM
Administrator

DC- I hope you recognized the smiley for it's intended purpose. I was just razzin you and never thought it was you. Just not your style. I wish I didn't have a cable modem at times. It might be a little fun to post as the "SoCalParrot" on some of the hearsay threads that do nothing but parrot secondhand info.

Old 08-20-2001, 09:41 PM

DC- I hope you recognized the smiley for it's intended purpose. I was just razzin you and never thought it was you. Just not your style. I wish I didn't have a cable m odem at times. It might be a little fun to post as the "SoCalParrot" on some of the hearsay threads that do nothing but parrot secondhand info.
[/quote]

No problem at all ... although at the time I started responding to your initial razz, there was no smiley there (... that edit function does wonders).
Old 08-21-2001, 05:50 AM
Banned

1998 TJ Sahara with mods on 33's FOR SALE
2001 Silver 60th WJ with QD and upcountry
2002 TJ Sport -> due in the 27th of August
MattBrew1@aol.com

Has anyone ever inquire to this address about buying the vehicle and get any response?

Jim B.

JJB@worldoversea.com
Old 08-27-2001, 07:19 AM

Jim,

I'll mail you the rainbow stickers to plaster all over his Jeep and the clear coat spray paint to spray over them with!

R/
William Karstens
Old 08-27-2001, 09:46 AM
Banned

William,
I'll be leaving this Thursday for the event,I still don't know what he looks like, it will be hard from a small signature description. If someone find out a bit more info, private email me.

Blaine, how much does he owe you? It might be worth a shot, who knows. Sometimes money is not the issue but the pricipal of the good deed is worth a ton more.

Jim B.

JJB@worldoversea.com
Old 08-27-2001, 10:28 AM

I've got an idea..

And I'll probably cause a whole bunch of trouble.

But hey, it's only JU.

Let's all keep this to us, and no one on JU will figure it out, mostly.

R/
William Karstens
Old 08-27-2001, 10:40 AM

Sometimes Jim,

All you have to do is ask..

http://forums.jeepsunlimited.com/ubb...ML/005730.html

http://forums.jeepsunlimited.com/ubb...ML/005729.html

I figure I can get a certain amount of mileage out of this.
#1, we may get a picture.
#2, it will likely scare the **** out of him.
#3, another JU flame war.

I'm curious to see when the "What does William Look like" threads pop up. You know they are coming.

1,2,3... moderators, here they come!

R/
William Karstens
Old 08-27-2001, 11:02 AM

http://forums.jeepsunlimited.com/ubb...ML/003018.html

Could this be our hero, Mr. Matt brew?

R/
William Karstens
Old 08-27-2001, 11:16 AM
Banned

William,

You are too funny

It might work or at least get some good leads. Don't mention the TN Rosser event or anything on the East coast.

Jim B.

JJB@worldoversea.com
Old 08-27-2001, 11:24 AM

Jim,

I'll see if I can find some stickers that say "I was crossdresser of the month" that you can stick on his Jeep. Or, perhaps "Stolen stuff helped pay for this Jeep"....

R/
William Karstens
Old 08-27-2001, 11:36 AM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

You mean this goofy lookin' S.O.B. has enough dough to mod a 5.9L like that and order a new TJ and he can't pay a $100 dollar debt?!?!?!? What a putz! What kind of person does this sort of thing. I just don't understand it one bit. If someone runs into him maybe they can take $100 bucks outta' this guys face. Ofcourse, I'm kidding. Wink Wink!

BTW, note to self, don't ever t'off William.

Jeff
Old 08-27-2001, 11:43 AM

Well,

That's not Mattbrew, but I think I'm getting close. My lunch is just about over, but hey, at least I'm having fun with him. I'm going to go over to the other sections on JU and post the same thing. In fact, I should board hop to find him a little "discomfort". What is his email again?

R/
William Karstens