Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 09-02-2004, 04:04 PM

Thanks! I looked into the Red Rocks pass and according to the website, you only need that pass if you are parking your vehicle at the trail head. Its not needed if you are not stationary in any of the parking areas.

http://www.redrockcountry.org/redrock.htm

"All vehicles parked on the National Forest for non-commercial, recreational purposes are required to display a "Red Rock Pass". If no vehicle is parked, no pass is required. This does not apply to off-highway vehicles in tow (ATV's, motorcycles, etc). Since this is a recreational "use" fee and not a fee for "entry" to the National Forest, no pass is required for travel through Red Rock Country nor for activities that are "incidental" to thru-travel, such as stopping to take a photograph or use a restroom. Forest Officers will enforce program compliance. Vehicles that do not display a valid pass in the windshield may receive a citation of $30."

Jeeper
Old 09-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
What happens if we stop for lunch though, not in a parking area but to the side to allow people to pass? Would we get in trouble if we don't have one since it will be longer then taking a pic or a restroom break?

I'm all about saving some cash but I don't need to get in trouble on my first AZ outing. Ya'll know how much of a trouble maker I am.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 09-02-2004, 09:34 PM

I'll gladly pay the $5.00 and obtain a pass. It goes to good cause and keeps us Jeepers "doing our part." The AZVJC has always paid the fee to use this trail as good gesture and in hopes of keeping it maintained. There are places to stop and hike as well as lunch stops. The Pink Jeep Tours will make sure we have passes to use their trail system. There are also other trails in the area that we can run with the same pass. I might be up for doing that as Broken Arrow is very short in length.
totally worn out, shouting,
"...HOLY $HIT...what a ride!"
Old 09-03-2004, 06:45 AM

Believe me, I'm not opposed to paying the $5.00!!! I was just pointing out that its not needed according to their website. See you all on Sunday!!!!

Jeeper
Old 09-06-2004, 03:57 PM

Sorry I missed you guys. Havent checked this site since I found it a few weeks ago.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:57 PM

Larry...Can you believe I actually got back on the trail???? Sorry we missed you too...Soon, Very Soooooon!!!

Jeeper
Old 09-08-2004, 08:47 PM

Yeah it's about time. Now I got to get my ass in gear and get back to work on the CJ so I can get out there with you guys.

Do you still talk to Jimmy?
Old 09-09-2004, 04:57 PM

I talk to him all the time. He's getting breaking down his Willys again...He built it up to be a very competitive sand dragger, now he is getting it back to a rock crawler. Sounds like the old gang is getting back into it. how about Dion????

Jeeper