Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 05-25-2008, 03:34 PM

Thumbs up Wow, the new auto tranny really lived up to all its promises

I just got back from doing Pumpkin Eater at Hi-Desert Roundup and after the auto tranny's first real test on a difficult trail, it really lived up to all the promises.

No problems anywhere, the new tranny changed the whole feeling of Pumpkin Eater, it was a whole lot more fun this year. The tranny temp never even rose above 180 degrees so maybe I won't need a cooler afterall.

The improvement in everything from more low-end torque to lower crawl speeds is just amazing. Even Pumpkin Eater's three (four?) waterfalls were easy this year, unlike last year. I guess I expected all these improvements but it's even better than I hoped for. Thanks for pushing me towards the automatic guys!

Now I just have to figure out what to put in place of the Bestop fender flares, two of the four were nearly torn off Saturday. Maybe I'll just go back to stock flares, I dunno yet.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tim
well, i'm glad to see its working for you.
i am rounding up parts for a swap now too...
Old 05-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
No problems anywhere, the new tranny changed the whole feeling of Pumpkin Eater, it was a whole lot more fun this year. The tranny temp never even rose above 180 degrees so maybe I won't need a cooler afterall.
Glad you like it Jerry. I don't know what the weather was like at HDR, but if it was like around here, it was pretty crappy and cool. Just watch your temps when it warms up again and then decide on the cooler.