Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 05-24-2008, 10:16 PM

Saving everyone $11: See Iron Man instead of Indiana Jones.

Iron Man is the all around better block buster. By far.

Indiana jones will make you very sad, especially if you like the series.

You don not want to see an old, creaky indiana running around in a story line that makes no darn sense for him to be in.

Trust me. There are a couple of really good action sequences and that's about it. Wait for the DVD.

You have been warned.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:52 PM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
I enjoyed it. go figure.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Administrator

If you are looking for a movie that is something other than an examination and perusal of movie making craft, then avoid "There Will Be Blood".

Fairly pointless.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
If you are looking for a movie that is something other than an examination and perusal of movie making craft, then avoid "There Will Be Blood".

Fairly pointless.
Could not disagree more. I didn't enjoy it as much as No Country For Old Men but Paul Thomas Anderson is pretty darn cool. I think Boogie Nights and Magnolia are better though, but it's pretty cool to see Daniel Day Lewis lose his mind over a couple of hours.

I'm going to see Indy with my boys and I already know I'm going to cry. I remember spending the night at Big Newport to see the original Raiders - which still is in my top 5 favorite movies.

What a bummer Shalom.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:23 AM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post

Fairly pointless.
yup, like'd that one to. go figure again. :dunno:
Old 05-25-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkTJ View Post
I enjoyed it. go figure.
Well, I enjoyed most of the movie (not the ending) while I was sitting there watching it. There were some great action sequences. There was fun to be had.

It's a decent action film, but it's a horrible Indy film. Horrible, for a variety of reasons.

I'll have to watch the first 3 just to get the taste of this one out of my brain.

If you want to just see a summer block buster, then yeah, go see Indy. If you want to see an Indy movie, skip it.

In any case, Iron Man is a way better summer blockbuster all around. Anyone would be better off spending their $11 on it, instead of Indy if they haven't seen either.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:39 AM

There will be blood. I don't understand why everyone loved that movie either.

It looked good and DDL was awesome in it, but there was nothing at all else going on in that movie in between the parts where he was being awesome.

Pretty boring movie, IMO. You had to sit through 2 hours of nothing just to get to the 20 minutes of DDL being awesome.

I'm still trying to figure out why everyone was raving about it. Sometimes I sit down and watch a movie where I can say, "eh, it's not for me," but I understand why everyone else likes it.

Not There will be blood though.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
Could not disagree more. I didn't enjoy it as much as No Country For Old Men but Paul Thomas Anderson is pretty darn cool. I think Boogie Nights and Magnolia are better though, but it's pretty cool to see Daniel Day Lewis lose his mind over a couple of hours.
Exactly my point. You enjoyed watching DDL lose his mind.

A perusal and enjoyment of the movie making craft and not much else. If you enjoy movies for the sake of being a well made movie, then it's your cup of tea.

Other than that, fairly pointless.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaceman View Post
There will be blood. I don't understand why everyone loved that movie either.

It looked good and DDL was awesome in it, but there was nothing at all else going on in that movie in between the parts where he was being awesome.

Pretty boring movie, IMO. You had to sit through 2 hours of nothing just to get to the 20 minutes of DDL being awesome.

I'm still trying to figure out why everyone was raving about it. Sometimes I sit down and watch a movie where I can say, "eh, it's not for me," but I understand why everyone else likes it.

Not There will be blood though.
I think what irritated me was I heard the reviews and kept waiting for the good parts to make up for the big voids in the storyline. When it ended, I figured out the good parts weren't there and I was cranky.

At least in The Last of the Mohicans, there was a reckoning that was justly delivered albeit at some cost.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:10 PM

Saw Indy tonight. Not the best but not bad. Laughed at the reviews that didn't like the 'extraterrestrial' plot. Isn't that what 1 and 3 were? Snake gag made the Wife jump about 6' off her seat! Still don't understand how ancient cities can wait around for 2000 years until Indy/James/Lara/etc show up and destroy it in 5 mins flat...

Iron Man kicked ass. RDJ was very believable as Tony Stark.

No country for old men/There will be blood. Meh, navel gazing, hollywood style. They kinda crawl to an end and you want to back it up to find where the damn story went. Soooo glad i snaked these two off torrent, i'da been getting my money back if not.