Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 01-07-2002, 06:14 AM

Los Coyotes Run

Yesterday, I made a run to LCIR with a friend who had just purchased a 1999 Land Rover Discovery with 80K miles. I couldn't talk him into a Jeep.
He maintains that a Land Rover anything is better than a Jeep. But that's not the point of this post.

When we stopped in Santa Ysabel for breakfast, we went to Dudley's Bakery for a bacon and egg sandwich. Guess what? the little deli that made hot food at Dudley's closed the week before Christmas. The two ladies who ran the deli have leased the Chicken Shack half way up the mountain to Julian.

But the real reason for this post is that when we paid our fee at the LCIR gate, I noticed that the prices on the sign had been taped over with duct tape, (yet another use) and new prices hand written in black magic marker. Day use for a 4WD,
at least on the duct tape, was $20. That should definately help keep out the rif-raff. That being said, the lady charged us $15 each, and said she knew nothing about the duct tape changes.

By the way, it took about 30 minutes to get the Discovery out of Jeep Squeeze, the easy side at that, and after I took him over Left Turn hill, twice in my Jeep, he decided not to try with his Land Rover. Wise decision.

Has anyone else run into the "duct tape" pricres at LCIR?

Fred
Old 01-07-2002, 06:19 AM
Administrator

I haven't been back since the Last Blast run right before they were going to close the first time. I don't deal really well with places that confuse me that much.

You are just another ride in the amusement park of my mind.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:56 AM

I spent 3 days there ~Thanksgiving. We went on Wednesday & came home late on Friday (wife had to work Saturday). When we got there, only one other camper was at the area by the round water tank. The place was VERY clean & quiet.

I teamed-up with 3 other Jeepers & we ran various trails. It was VERY foggy on Thanksgiving evening, so I had to go out on a couple night runs too.

I brought my camping trailer with me on this trip. So fees were up, and if I recall correctly, it ran me $25.00 a day.
Old 01-08-2002, 04:55 PM

20 dollars a day would keep me out, that's for sure. It's a stretch at 15 almost.

R/
William