Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 05-11-2009, 08:36 PM

Picked up my 4th jeep

Well, got another one. Bought Glenn Campbell's 02 TJ. Needs alot of work. D60 front rear, Stak case, crappy suspention and crappy rear disk brakes. Tub is all hacked up and the gas tank is just sitting in the rear tub. Rubicon Express LA kit is hacked up and stock steering on the D60. Also came with dead animal parts, cat crap, cat ****, and various other unidentifed objects.

Love some input on what to do with it. This is going to be my son's DD, he turns 16 next year so I got some time to work on it. Because its got 60's I want to run 37's, afraid 35's are just to small. Also has to be able to do the toughest stuff out there, cause you know its going to happen. So here is what needs to be addressed.

*Front steering - Have kingpin knuckles, need to do some sort of ram assist with high steer.
*Looking at the Genright stretch kit (gas tank, rear armor and rocker guards). The rear of the tub is hacked up and needs a facelift.
*Will need brakes, regear and ARB locker for the rear, right now its welded up. Pretty sure it is the smaller spline 60, might just be cheaper to purchase something aftermarket already setup. If anyone as a good source for one I am listening.
*Will most likely add my custom flat skid plate.
*Suspention - Get rid on the RE LA kit and put something else in, definately want to 4 link the rear. The suspention is the most critical part. I want something with street manners as first priority and offroad capable.

zman

BTW, With the 02 TJ puchase I have now decided to sell the good ole black 4 banger. I don't need 4 jeeps at the house but I have this feeling I might regret selling that little feller, its been so good to me. I got a buyer lined up that has been wanting it for years, so at least I will still get to see it in action. Also going to Minneapolis to pick up a 07 JK for my dad. He got a killer deal on a used one and I will be in the area in June so I get to bring it back for him.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Also going to Minneapolis to pick up a 07 JK for my dad. He got a killer deal on a used one and I will be in the area in June so I get to bring it back for him.
Joel,

If you need anything, ping me, I now live in the area.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:14 PM

Thanks Lawrence,

Joel