Go Back   JeepBBS > What Where When > Overlanders Unlimited
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Overlanders Unlimited This is a forum to discuss expedition vehicles and trailer options, a place to talk about builds, modifications, and designs, as well as past and future adventure trips.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Atlanta->WV->Atlanta

I can't believe I'm actually taking a "vacation", but it's actually happening. I'm not sure what kind of vacation it will be as I'm actually travelling with my 3 young kids (twin 3 year olds and 16 month old), wife and mother-in-law. I apologize in advance for anybody sitting near us on the plane. Actually, they're not too bad, but they do act their age at times.

Anyway, from Atlanta, we'll be driving up to West Virginia and back to see my wife's "kin" . I guess my question to those in the know is besides sweating in the heat and humidity, are there any must sees/dos in Atlanta or anyplace in between those two destinations?

Is it too early to start planning my vacation from my vacation?
Old 07-20-2005, 09:08 AM

Great Smoky Mountain Nat'l Park would be the first pick. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Dollywood are nearby the Park as well and have an endless supply of touristy type stuff for kids. Savannah is about a half days drive from ATL, the Georgia barrier islands are also near and there is lots to do, you could check out Cumberland Island National Seashore there. Keep your eyes peeled for hogzilla