Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 04-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Reggae

Angry My truck was broken into last night

Somebody broke into my truck last night, right on my driveway. Somehow they unlocked the doors without leaving any obvious marks. In the morning I noticed that the doors were unlocked, the driver's door was not shut completely, and that the Gatorade bottle I had in the cup holder was now on the driver's seat. Then I started noticing other things missing.

They took my sunglasses, the zip-up folder with owner's manual and warrantee information, a little electric tester, and some change from the ashtray. There may have been some other things that I can't recall now. I have a good CB radio; they didn't take that.

I had the report filed over the phone. I asked the police officer if it was possible that the thiefs were just getting started and then got spooked. He said it was possible, but more likely that they were looking for personal information for purposes of identity theft. He recommended I put up motion sensor lights, don't keep anything of value in the vehicle, and if possible park it in the garage, and put a fraud alert on my credit report.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:32 AM

Man, that sucks. Sorry that happened. Thats the worst feeling to come out to that.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

That blows! I once had a Mustang stolen right from my driveway only a few weeks after having an alarm installed. I still wonder if the installer and thief were one in the same. In the old days they used to hang horsethieves. With the importance of a person's automobile to their livelihood here in SoCal, perhaps it is time to reassess the penal code?

You are fortunate that they didn't break any windows or do any damage. BTW, you can find a ton of the manuals on Ebay. BTDT.