Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 04-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Thanks are in order

Thanks to the crew. I couldn't say it enough and I hope I found a way to thank each of you in person, but if I didn't, please let me do so now.

First thanks go to my most wonderful wife for staying in camp to get food and the camp ready for our return. I missed you being on the trail, but it sure was great to pull into camp with hot food ready and waiting to be served.

Shalom and Jeff, you guys rock. Fetching up the radiator to cure my ails after a bout of stupidity on my part was above and beyond the call.

Jeff, you can be my trail bitch anytime. Your hard work and effort helping us stay organized was great.

Chris, Erik, Kory, Quinn, Brian, Adam, Mike, Matt, thank you for your help in swapping out the radiator. Tammy, thanks for the use of your drain bucket. It would have been a mess without it.

Shalom, thanks for enjoying yourself on the trails. It was very satisfying to watch you have a good time with your new rig.

Sergey, thank you for coming out to support us, for wheeling with us, and just for being there. It is appeciated.

Mike, Thanks for working on the trail crew.

Jon, thanks for making it and being able to spend some time around the fire and for donating to the raffle.

To everyone that worked the trail, you were awesome. I was going to try and get everyone's names, but realized that I might screw it up and leave someone out and that would suck. Everyone worked their butts off getting the paying customers over the trail and the fact that we got 28 rigs over the trail and back to the lakebed before 5pm says a lot.

Robert, Bill, and Doyle, thanks for going on the run. Next time will be be glad to tow you guys into camp so we can share some fire time. You were missed.

Adam, thanks for hauling the wood out of there. If it becomes a problem, let me know and I'll come and get it. If you need it, use it and we'll get more.

Supe, thanks for cleaning up your wiring so your rig didn't burn down on the trail.

Thanks to everyone that brought wood. It's rare that we have wood left and usually are in danger of running out.

Finally, the fact that I saw no grumpy or cranky faces the entire weekend speaks volumes about the great people who honor me with their presence. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I know I've forgotten someone, please forgive me if I have. There was a lot going on.

BTW- I had a truly great time. It doesn't get any better.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:16 PM

Blaine, Thanks for leading the run and thanks to everyone that worked the trail too. Everyone kicked a$$. It is always amazing to see how well people work together on the trail with no issues... I just wish I could have stayed out there longer. Next time for sure.

This was my first experience out there and I loved it. I learned a lot and will be looking forward to getting out there with you guys again.

Thanks again

Supe
Old 04-23-2006, 07:19 PM

Thanks to every one. I had the best time. I can't think of a better way to "break" in the jeep for the first time. The wheeling was certainly great.

The food was great (thanks kat).

And especially, the company was great. I hope to see you all again soon. It was really fun.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:32 PM

glad to hear y'all had fun
Old 04-23-2006, 07:40 PM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
Each time I get out there it seems I have more fun than the last.

The "breakages" throughout the weekend were unfortunate but all got resolved.

The Jambo run was huge and full of potential for problems but somehow we seemed to get everyone through. The weakest rigs were weeded out in the first 1/8th of the trail and pulled off or turned around. Surprisingly, no one felt the need to back out after seeing the last waterfall.

some of us got a bit big headed and played "ding-dong-ditch" on backdoor Sunday morning... I stubbed my toe running away. lesson learned.

not sure what I'd do without good friends to hang out with and big rocks to play on, thank you all.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:06 PM

I'm glad you all had a successfull run. We're both really bummed we couldn't make it. Sound like y'all had your work cut out for ya. We'll be there with bells on next time for sure!
-Duke
Old 04-23-2006, 08:28 PM

Thumbs up

I'm glad to hear you folks had such a wonderful time. Sergey mentioned this afternoon to me that the weather wasn't too bad either. I expected nothing but the best fun for everybody on this run and it seems that is exactly what happend.

Hope to join you all again real soon.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:41 PM

It was a great weekend!! Everyone pitched in and pulled off a great event. Blaine and Kat, thanks for your hospitality, and BTW, the tacos were great Being that we were back by 5pm with that many rigs shows some good planning, and ever better teamwork And with all of us in the t-shirts and the Winchline.com hats, we looked like a well oiled machine.

It was great to put all the names to the faces and Jeeps. Also I really enjoyed the learning from everyone here. One of the things I did learn this weekend was that MT/R's at 8lbs rock at the hammers! After spending months on re-building my TJ I was happy with the way it worked on the trail. Also Heather was happy it came back with fenders intact!!

Thanks again, and I'll be back next year too, if you guys run this again.......
68 Jeep M715 army truck
97 F350
Old 04-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Im a firm believer in that everything you say and do lead to some sort of a positive outcome. I dont have room in my life for negative people or thoughts.

Send a message via AIM to JeepGal
Thank you Blaine and Kathryn for putting together an awesome crew and for hosting such a great camp!

I liked watching how well honed the crew became getting all those vehicles over that last waterfall...passing the spotting from one section to the next. Brian spotted them in, Blaine spotted them up the tricky part, and Jeff spotted them past the last big rock. With a sprinkling of Erik, Chris and everyone else pinch spotting and rock stacking to throw in for good measure...GREAT job everyone!

It was nice to see alot of you again and meet some new faces!

Oh, and you can use my trash can for a bucket anytime Blaine

Tam
Old 04-23-2006, 08:59 PM

Thanks for a great weekend

Blaine & Co,
Thanks for a fun weekend! (Yeah, maybe we can camp with you next time!)

Great to see everyone and meet some new friends.

Adam, thanks for getting Robert, Doyle and myself up the trail with ease!!

Thanks,
Bill
Old 04-23-2006, 09:14 PM

FWIW... not enough praise has been given to Jeff C. From the driver's meeting, to spotting and dealing with registration... It couldn't have been done without ya sally.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by blkTJ
FWIW... not enough praise has been given to Jeff C. From the driver's meeting, to spotting and dealing with registration... It couldn't have been done without ya sally.
What do you mean? I gave him his reward, I went to the admin panel and moved him out of the "user group awaiting email confirmation" so he can post. What more does he need?
Old 04-23-2006, 09:26 PM

Blaine and Kathryn, I am sure I speak for the entire group from this weekend. We were truly blessed by the hospitality and overall "family" feeling of the weekend.

This being my Maiden Voyage to JV, I was in Awe with what went on and the feat that was pulled off on the event.

The short trip to Backdoor with Chris, Tammy, Erik and Brian was a blast, that obstacle is truly insane (oh and btw nice timing on showing up)

My words can truly no express the gratitude that I have towards you and Katrhyn and the entire group that was present. I had the chance to B.S. with some old friends, and meet some new ones.

I cant wait until next year

Michael
Old 04-23-2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
What do you mean? I gave him his reward, I went to the admin panel and moved him out of the "user group awaiting email confirmation" so he can post. What more does he need?
fair enough.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to chef
As usual I had a great time. I got to put some faces to names I've seen for awhile now and really enjoyed my time with you all. Thanks to Blaine and Katheryn for getting us all together and feeding us and especially for the firewood, I've got a great fort in the works now.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:52 AM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

i had a fantastic time out there with all of you.great wheeling, and even better teamwork getting all of those rigs over the trail with little damage. the best part was how everyone kept a smile through the whole thing, and just stayed focused on the task at hand.

thank you blaine, and kat for some great meals and hot coffee. tam and chris, thanks for the place to stay our of the cold.

thanks to all the rest of you for being a fine group of people. see ya' on the next one!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 04-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Alloy USA Pimp

Send a message via AIM to Rockjeep Send a message via Yahoo to Rockjeep
Had a great time and can't wait for the next time. Was a blast.
Kory
Old 04-24-2006, 11:18 AM

Thanks for the props Brian - I didn't do anything more then everyone else - it was a true team effort

I'm amazed that a group of people can meet over the web and have this tight of a bond and this great of teamwork. Our trail team kicked ass - no sniveling or attitude - everyone pitched in and got those rigs over the trail.

It is very interesting to spot other types of rigs over the trails - especially ones with open front ends or tires that done' stick.

We kept breakage to a minimum (all of it was my fault) and did the fasted tie rod change west of the Pecos on a rig - probably 7 minutes.

Thanks again to everyone for being who they are - I had a great time. Brian - sorry I missed seeing Back Door kick your ass

A special thanks to Blaine and Kathryn for the fun, food and for Kat giving up your seat so I could ride with Blaine (I can hear the jokes coming now).

Jeff
Old 04-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

Thank you everybody, I had very good time.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 04-24-2006, 01:01 PM

Thumbs up

I saw Blane and Matt on their way to Backdoor on Sunday and told them how much fun I had. I'd like to state that here for the rest of you. That was hands down thee best organized event I've ever been to and I believe the reason for that is because of Blane and Co.. You guys kick a$$. Thanks for a great run! I was nice to meet all fo you. See you soon if I'm lucky.

-Jason
Old 04-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

I'm jealous that I couldn't make it and hate you all.

p.s. have a nice day!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Flame Broiled is best

OK, I'm sensing a theme here, so;

"I'd like to thank the academy..."

Alright, sorry. Sounds like it was a great run. Wish I coulda made it, but hopefully a future one. Great job for bringing everyone back alive!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:47 PM

Talking

Blaine,thanks for the great weekend had a lots of fun (even breaking a hub)kudos out to the trail crew and everyone on the trail.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:38 AM

Well I sure had an exceptionally good time!

I was expecting a pretty rough day dragging 20+ rigs through the trail. I was shocked at not only how smooth it went, but at how much fun it was to figure out the best "attack" for each of the very different rigs.

This was also the first Jeeping trip that my dad has been on, and now he wants to know when I'll have a trailer big enough for two Jeeps

Many thanks to Blaine an Kathryn for putting this together!

Matt
Old 04-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Matt,

If you were a good son you'd buy Sergey's Jeep for your dad.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Weston
Matt,

If you were a good son you'd buy Sergey's Jeep for your dad.
http://www.jeepbbs.net/forums/showth...775#post100775