Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 04-13-2009, 02:09 PM

Exclamation Be wary of your speeds heading to/from JV

RRich just posted this up on another forum...

From Lucerne Valley or Yucca Valley - Sheriffs and CHPs are writing speeding tickets like crazy on Hwy 62 and Hwy 247! They'll tag you for just one mile an hour over.

The speed limit is 55! Way too slow for that road, but the commander at the base complained that his guys were going too fast on it.
Now everyone's getting tickets!
Both my wife and I got them - and they are double the usual amount. Between us it's costing about $1100.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:19 PM

Good to know. I suspect we're going to be seeing a lot of this now that the state is in the super poor house.

I picked my my car from LAX the other day and every 8th car or so around me in the lot had parking violations under their wipers. (I'm guessing for out of date registration or no front plates).
Old 04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
RRich just posted this up on another forum...

From Lucerne Valley or Yucca Valley - Sheriffs and CHPs are writing speeding tickets like crazy on Hwy 62 and Hwy 247! They'll tag you for just one mile an hour over.

The speed limit is 55! Way too slow for that road, but the commander at the base complained that his guys were going too fast on it.
Now everyone's getting tickets!
Both my wife and I got them - and they are double the usual amount. Between us it's costing about $1100.
There's not a traffic ticket written that will stand up to 1 mile over in court. You can get that variance just with tire wear or differences in tire size from manufacturers.

Not that I speed on either of those two roads or when towing in general, but I'd love to get that ticket.

BTW- with all of the side roads that are without any type of traffic control, the amount of blind hills with difficult passing zones, I think 55 is just about right for most.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:26 PM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

that sucks.
i can send you my information i have searched up for loop holes in fighting these things if you like.
shoot me your email address and ill send it to you.

there are some loop holes as to the criteria they measure your speed by.
radar, laser, pacing, etc...
many of these wind up being speed traps by definition, or dont have the proper certification within the time required.

let me know if you want this stuff. i have a bit of time invested in it and you are welcome to it.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 04-14-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaceman View Post
Good to know. I suspect we're going to be seeing a lot of this now that the state is in the super poor house.

I picked my my car from LAX the other day and every 8th car or so around me in the lot had parking violations under their wipers. (I'm guessing for out of date registration or no front plates).
Only every 8th car?

I'll talk to Airport Police, the criteria is supposed to be every FOURTH car (we need the money)

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Alloy USA Pimp

Send a message via AIM to Rockjeep Send a message via Yahoo to Rockjeep
Just went through there this weekend and going again friday night. and next fro the jambo. They are out there big time right now. I was doing 55 when a semi blasted by me doing at least 75-80. I saw him pulled over 5 min later. With a class a license he is dumb to get a ticket with now traffic school allowed.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaceman View Post
The last two times I've been at LAX they have bugged me about no front plate. First time was a warning, second time a ticket. The mature thing for me to do would be to put the plate on but that is no fun. Next time I go I'm going to park really really close to the wall to see if they care enough to take that close of a look.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Welch View Post
The last two times I've been at LAX they have bugged me about no front plate. First time was a warning, second time a ticket. The mature thing for me to do would be to put the plate on but that is no fun. Next time I go I'm going to park really really close to the wall to see if they care enough to take that close of a look.
That's just plain funny Art, do it!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:42 PM

Memo: note to Airport Police: Ticket every 8th car parked really close to the wall....

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.