Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 08-16-2004, 10:10 PM
Im a firm believer in that everything you say and do lead to some sort of a positive outcome. I dont have room in my life for negative people or thoughts.

Send a message via AIM to JeepGal
AWESOME THREAD!

Del would be pleased, if he doesnt already know.

Ill come to the meet and greet, and match your donation

Lets try to nail down the date. Have you given any thought to having it at a Jeep Dealership? Perhaps have some positive press about it? I dont think most non-jeep owners have ANY idea how much of a tight knit community we are, itd be a nice eye opener for some

Tam
Old 08-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
If anyone has changed their mind, and would like to donate in person instead (for tax purposes, or whatever), we will be willing to make an exception to the rules, and issue refunds. Let me know, if you'd like to do that.
I'll donate in person and let you guys to "enjoy" my company for a few hours. It's been too long since I've gotten to listen to Paradiddle's banter.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepGal
AWESOME THREAD!

Tam
all of them?

Old 08-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
AWESOME THREAD!

Del would be pleased, if he doesnt already know.

Lets try to nail down the date. Have you given any thought to having it at a Jeep Dealership? Perhaps have some positive press about it? I dont think most non-jeep owners have ANY idea how much of a tight knit community we are, itd be a nice eye opener for some

Tam
Typically Jeep dealers are poor venues for anything constructive. The owners couldn't care less about what we do. If they did, they would already be involved. The salesmen are only vultures trying to take money out of your pocket and put it in theirs. The majority of service folks want stuff that's cut and dried so they get their commissions on work performed.

I'd also be inclined to shy away from any active pursuits of publicity. Too often a well intentioned statement can and has been taken out of context to show us in a bad light.

Personally, I'd just like to continue refining our learning and let anyone who wishes observe on their own and walk away with little to nothing negative to report about our habits.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Im a firm believer in that everything you say and do lead to some sort of a positive outcome. I dont have room in my life for negative people or thoughts.

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
all of them?
I only wish I could!

I got an email from Del this morning...

Quote:
Hi Tam, this does my heart good. The JeepBBS folks are really doing something about it! Right on!
I read most all the posts and I am here to tell you that THIS is exactly the kind of thing we should be, and CAN be, doing. And you folks are doing it. It frosts me that we have to worry about money, but raising a few bucks for the cause is essential right now, and the JeepBBS folks are doing their part. Thank you.

Please tell the folks Hi for me at the Cruise. And let them know that their commitment is a valuable step to keeping our sport alive. Every effort makes a difference. Every person that gets involved, no matter how much or little, makes a difference.
My hat is off to you all,
Del
!
Old 08-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Reggae

Exclamation

Can everybody who can't make it on September 11th or September 20th raise his or her hand please, and post what days you are busy.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Quote:
Can everybody who can't make it on September 11th or September 20th raise his or her hand please, and post what days you are busy.
The 20th is a Monday which could be a no-go for me depending where and when it is.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:04 AM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Weston
The 20th is a Monday which could be a no-go for me depending where and when it is.
me too, no matter where it is.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:54 AM

I am sailing to Catalina the weekend of September 10th (and will not be back until late Sunday night.

I am travelling to New Orleans on the 19th for business I can make Saturday the 18th as long as its local to LA and not late - I have a 7am flight the next morning.

Anytime after that I'm open.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Reggae

Exclamation Attention!

The cut off date is Friday, October 8th, 2004. If you'd like to make your donation count, your only choices at this point is ether chase me down in person, or use the PayPal link:

http://www.jeepbbs.net/donations/

After Friday, the donations link will resume functioning for donations to the board, and not to the BlueRibbon Coalition.

Thank you!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:12 AM

Holy dig up an old thread batman
Old 10-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Reggae

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
Holy dig up an old thread batman
Just wait until I slam down on those who promised to donate, and didn't.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:20 AM

Well,
I little public humilation might be appropriate but don't be to harsh on the kids

You know Sergey, I meant to copy the text of the letter into a post but I unfortunately didn't save the file. No matter, maybe though as an alternative, when the donation date gets closed, we can post a total. Thoughts?
Old 10-08-2004, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Just wait until I slam down on those who promised to donate, and didn't.
Which reminds me....

Robert, I forgot to ask you last weekend - you got my snail mail right?
Old 10-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Reggae

Quote:
Well,
I little public humilation might be appropriate but don't be to harsh on the kids

You know Sergey, I meant to copy the text of the letter into a post but I unfortunately didn't save the file. No matter, maybe though as an alternative, when the donation date gets closed, we can post a total. Thoughts?
The brigades in black jeeps with tinted windows already received mug shots and addresses and are waiting for my signal.

No problem on the text of the letter. I'll post it later today. Then, probably on Monday, I'll post the total collected, and a list of everybody who donated (I think we shouldn't post who donated how much, we all have different wallets, and every dollar helps).
Old 10-08-2004, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Dillard
Which reminds me....

Robert, I forgot to ask you last weekend - you got my snail mail right?
Yes Joe, but I forgot about it until now. Its sitting with my pile o' bills on my desk at home which is why I forgot about it
Old 10-08-2004, 10:57 AM

Quote:
(I think we shouldn't post who donated how much, we all have different wallets, and every dollar helps).
Agreed! Thanx for working on getting the text up there - u da man
Old 10-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Reggae

October 1, 2004

Blue Ribbon Coalition
4555 Burley Drive Suite A
Pocatello Idaho 83202-1921

We the undersigned are members of www.JeepBBS.net, a members only internet site catering to people with a common interest in Jeep 4x4 vehicles, motorized vehicle recreational access to and on public lands, and the responsible use of those lands.

We share the Blue Ribbon Coalitions? mission for the protection of public land access rights, collaborative relationships with land managers, responsible land management, and the enforcement of applicable laws and regulations regarding use and behavior.

We also share the Blue Ribbon Coalitions? concern over the loss of access rights as propagated by radical groups and anti-recreational interests. While we appreciate the Blue Ribbon Coalition efforts to date, we would also like to do our part to ensure that these efforts continue. By stepping up to the plate in applying for an organizational membership in the Coalition and by making the enclosed contribution in the amount of $ ,we believe we will have begun to do our part in continuing the mission.

In making this contribution, we request that the Blue Ribbon Coalition use 1/2 of the contributed amount by putting motorized vehicle access to the BLM lands of the Johnson Valley OHV site (located in Southern California) on its list of areas threatened by anti access groups. We also wish for the Coalition to continue its lobbying effort with our elected representatives both in California and Washington DC and to direct the remainder of our contributed funds to that effort.

Thank-you very much for the opportunity to join with your organization and help preserve motorized vehicle access rights to public lands.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Reggae

Quote:
Yes Joe, but I forgot about it until now. Its sitting with my pile o' bills on my desk at home which is why I forgot about it
Would you like me to cover for Joe? One of you can reimburse me the next time you see me.

Fellows,

Keep them donations coming! So far our running total is $1,395
Remember - today is the last day.

Thank you!
Old 10-08-2004, 02:20 PM

Sergey, I think thats best if we want to wrap this up today and get the donation sent out. I can dispose of this check and Joe can get one directly to you.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:15 PM

Grrr...slipped my mind! I cant believe its already FRIDAY!

Is anyone going to the offroad expo? Ill be there all weekend at the Raingler booth if someone wants to swing by and pick up a check.

Sorry

Tam :/
Old 10-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Reggae

No problem Tam,

I'll post the total on Monday, and you guys will know how much to donate to match our contribution.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Grrr...slipped my mind! I cant believe its already FRIDAY!

Is anyone going to the offroad expo? Ill be there all weekend at the Raingler booth if someone wants to swing by and pick up a check.

Sorry

Tam :/
I can swing by - I'm dropping in for a look see one day or the other this weekend.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:39 PM

Quote:
No problem Tam,

I'll post the total on Monday, and you guys will know how much to donate to match our contribution.
You must think that Im a part owner of Raingler or something...

I just know Rain and Eddie, and was helping them out at the show this weekend.

Regardless...somehow I missed you...did you stop?

Tam
Old 10-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Reggae

Quote:
Regardless...somehow I missed you...did you stop?
Did I stop what?
Old 10-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Did I stop what?
Looking for her at the Raingler booth after you realized that there were in fact no females present and no matter how many times you stopped by, there weren't likely to be either.

See if we make any more special trips on your behalf.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:12 PM

shame you didnt stop to ask...

I had a check waiting there for you, as I was running credit card transactions in back on Saturday, and out in front on Sunday.

Sorry for the miscommunication...aside from the fact that Rain ( another female) was there all day on Saturday and Sunday as well)

There was an address where to mail donations on here at one point, I can overnight it out...but I cant find the address.

Tam
Old 10-11-2004, 08:42 AM

Actually, I stopped by Saturday about 10:30ish and introduced myself to Rain, asked for you and told her why I was stopping by. She acted like "whatever" and told me you were in the hotel room running credit cards. I got the feeling she wasn't to interested.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:10 PM

!#*%$(*&$!!!

Im SO SORRY..Chris was there and had the check!

....sigh
Old 10-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Reggae

No worries Tam,

I think we'll be collecting for BRC next year as well. I have a feeling you will be one of the first ones to jump in with your donation then.