Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2002, 10:24 AM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Sierra Club Letter

The following text was snipped from my e-mail that went to the Sierra Club this morning. I thought some of you may enjoy it and will hopefully get some ideas (or do some cut and pasting) and forward it to them and other anti-recreationist organizations.

---------------------------

I am writing this e-mail to request that you help supply resources and financial support to the displaced people in Arizona and other SW states who no longer have a home to live in because of the wild fires.

Both the local and national media channels are reporting that the years and years of anti-forest actions, for which the Sierra Club and other anti-recreationist organizations are so well known, are the major contributing actions to the severity of these wild fires.

The following true/false question is an example of the misinformation you spread via your web site: http://www.sierraclub.org/logging/re...iz_answers.asp

True or False: Forest fires pose a major threat to home and communities.

Sierra Club?s Answer: FALSE - Homes and communities can take numerous precautions to reduce the threat of forest fires.

A quote from today?s MSNBC:

?The fire has destroyed at least 186 homes, Paxon said, including 116 homes in towns just west of Show Low. The other 70 were in Heber-Overgaard, a community 35 miles west of Show Low that was overrun Saturday.?

Perhaps you would like to take a trip to Heber-Overgaard or Show Low, Arizona and explain your ridiculous forest management concepts to the 25,000 Arizona residents who have fled from the fire?s path. With over 300,000 acres burning and more still to come, a half dozen communities have been or are still threatened by the devastation of these uncontrollable forest fires. And this is just in Arizona.

Years and years of your ?don?t cut the trees because you?ll go to hell? preaching and millions upon millions of dollars wasted by our government agencies defending themselves from your ridiculous lawsuits have put us where we are today. Are you aware that your lawsuits have caused as much as 40% of the US Forest Service?s budget to be wasted in the nation?s courtrooms rather than being used to provide resources for the thousands of brave fire fighters who are trying to do their job here in Arizona?

Oh, before I forget, I want to personally take the time to thank your organization for all the pain and suffering it has caused the people here in Arizona. Rumor has it that the families who have lost their homes in the blaze are a bit too preoccupied to extend their heart felt thanks to you right now. I am sure you understand, true (or false)?

I believe it is time to put your millions were your cake hole is and extend a helping hand to the people whose lives you have shattered. Charity begins at home, so the saying goes. Given the fact that you have ?members? living here in Arizona and all over the southwestern US, you can?t get much more home than that, true (or false)?

For once in your pathetic lives, do something that will actually help someone. Step up to the plate and accept responsibility for the decades of misdirection you have shoved at the people of our great country.

Stu Olson

---------------------------------

I was feeling a little ****y this morning and after stumbling on the Sierra Club web site, I felt the need to write a note to them.

One of our local Jeepers who sits on a number of OHV committees at both the local, state, and federal level got hold of it and forwarded it to a number of land management agencies. The responses she got back were very favorable and they asked that she encourage others to write similar letters to these organizations and to their elected officials.

Oh.....one last comment. Not that is comes as any surprose, but it is rather interesting that there is not a single word about wild fires on the Sierra Club home page. Every one and their mother is reporting about the southwest wild fires and the good ol' folks at SC are laying low....DUH....now why would that be?

As I told the locals on the VJC e-mail reflector, I am taking this opportunity to talk about the problems that SC and others have caused at every chance I get....the water cooler, the coffee pot break room, etc. All of the forest mismanagement and these horiffic wild fires are the result of the Sierra Club's propaganda campaign over the last 100+ years. (yeah, they were founded in 1892)