Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-03-2001, 06:09 PM
Reggae

Sierra Club Gives Me Upset Stomach

Had a sierra club member knock on my door about an hour ago. When I told her, I wasn’t interested, she blew me away with a phrase, “Did you know that there are only 40 thousand acres of wilderness left?”

Holy cow! There got to be a law against telling people such blatant lies in order to rise founds.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 12-03-2001, 06:33 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Was she good lookin'? Maybe you could have taken her for a Jeep ride?

If you're gonna play, you gotta pay
http://www.stu-offroad.com
Old 12-03-2001, 06:41 PM

good news

under the patriot act that jsut went through the Sierra club an green peace can be clasified terrorist groups and any one that supports them can be sent to jail.

this is do to one line stating that any individial or group that may cause harm to any american can be investigated. if you harm phisically or finacially any other american para phrase)

a little TJ with a few mods check her out at www.real-jeeps.com
Old 12-03-2001, 06:41 PM
Reggae

Yes Stu, she was hot. I even managed to snap a picture of her, you can find it here.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 12-03-2001, 06:51 PM

All these types of groups (PETA, Sierra Club, anti-gun, etc., etc.) use blatent lies and hysteria to forward thier agenda. But it's very effective against the masses of people who are neutral, unbiased, or otherwise ignorant of the subject.

The worst thing about these people are that they are really just a VERY VOCAL minority that attempts to sway the people that are ignorant of the subject, they don't work too hard on thier opponents (who know the FACTS, and don't listen to the BS).

Another bad thing is most of the people in this country who oppose these groups(like us), are, by thier very nature, NOT VOCAL in thier beliefs.

SO..........we very slowly lose by attrition, letting our freedoms slip away a little, tiny chip at a time.

The liberal media is the single, absolute worst thing that is ruining this country. People only see and hear what Ted Turner wants them to see and hear. How many reports have you seen on the good, safe, enjoyable use of ORV's, guns, etc. that compromise 99.9999% of these activities?????

All you see are overblown reports of the .0001% used illegally or irresponsibly.

2000 TJ 4.0L, A/T, all factory options.
Jeep Rater Score 360
http://www.hellbender.rockcrawler.com/
NRA Lifetime Member

[This message was edited by Hellbender on December 03, 2001 at 07:59 PM.]

NRA Lifetime Member
Old 12-03-2001, 07:33 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

To,

Don't understate it, that SC member is smokin'. Using sex to gather members is downright unfair!

HB hits it right on the mark, fear is a very powerful tool. Truth, facts ... just because it's printed on a fancy leaflet (or in this case, spoken by a pretty lady )does not make something true.

As for the media HB, have you ever had the pleasure of watching L.A. "news"? It is absolutely unbelievable. During sweeps you can count on the first two stories to be about sex, whether it be an expose` on strippers, prostitution, swingers, etc. I'm not prude by any means but can certainly find other outlets and better sources for that information.

Last night I was watching the local ABC news coverage and they had a story which really chapped my hide. They stated that there was a report that the center of the L.A. Clippers had been arrested the night before for battery and robbery of a a former girlfriend. After reporting all this they said their disclaimer that it was merely a report and had not been yet verified. Not Verified?!? WTF! I generally scoff at people's stereotypes of L.A. but WRT the local media it is far more "Hollywood" than any outsider can even imagine. Don't even get me started on the L.A. Times!

Jeff
Old 12-03-2001, 09:48 PM

Another sad thing is these groups suck in Yuppies with lots of money and guilty consciences.
Ron

I like the way my Jeep is now..... I'd just like it, well, a little higher off the ground with more ground clearance!
Old 12-04-2001, 08:45 AM

If you ever get a chance to talk to a NFS Ranger or a BLM Agent it will open your eyes. These agencies are spending huge budget resources defending themselves from the greenies constant barrage of lawsuits. If you think about it, these are funds that could be much better spent than on lawyers. This is one reason why these agencies simply roll over when presented with a suit - they can't afford to spend scarse resources in defending themselves against this stuff. The endangered species act needs to be changed to mitigate some of this BS - it is the primary vehicle which these groups use to get their way. There is no consensus or discussion of multiple and responsbile use when one of these agencies is presented with a suit claiming they have violated the Endangered Species Act - this is why Surprise Canyon and many other areas in the Mojave were recently closed. There is no scientific proof - only accusations.

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/35" MTr's
Old 12-04-2001, 09:48 AM

Sierra club members...

like squirells.

William.
Old 12-04-2001, 11:34 AM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TObject:
Yes Stu, she was hot. I even managed to snap a picture of her, you can find it <A HREF="http://www.uglypeople.com/uglywomen/html/up-women-00489.htm.[/quote]" TARGET=_blank>http://www.uglypeople.com/uglywomen/html/up-women-00489.htm.[/quote]</A>

Wow....if you say so!

I bet you used your best pick-up line on her too, right?

"Hey good lookin'....that sure is a mighty fine lookin' tooth ya got there!"

If you're gonna play, you gotta pay
http://www.stu-offroad.com