Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 02-22-2002, 07:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to mudpup Send a message via Yahoo to mudpup
Is this a good deal on hi-steer?

Well I am not too familiar with current prices on flattop knuckles so my question is this a good deal. I can get both driver and passenger side knuckles for $70, then I can have a shop tap them and setup the tierod and all for about $130. Does this sound about right to you guys?
-Ed

95 YJ, SOA and axle swap in progress
"When in doubt, gas 'er out"
Old 02-22-2002, 11:44 PM
Banned

I paid $200 for the PS flat top knuckle that was drilled and tapped. However, the knuckle was brand new with ball joints installed too. $70 doesn't sound bad but I don't know what a shop will charge you to drill and tap them.

http://www.dehesa4x4.com/bkilby/
Old 02-23-2002, 06:00 AM

Are you saying that both knuckles combined are $70.00? Even if the price were $70.00 each that would still be a good price! I'm not sure what an appropriate cost would be for the drilling and Tapping since I have a friend doing mine for no charge.

As far as the pricing for the arms, bolts, conical washers, heims (or TRE's if you are going that route) and rods...I paid roughly $550.00 for the Avalanche set-up. If you want details let me know.

Jeeper

Many Jeeps with Stuff
Old 02-23-2002, 07:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to mudpup Send a message via Yahoo to mudpup
Well here is the deal, I am getting the passenger side for $50, and the drivers side for $20(just off a chevy front, already drilled and tapped). Now I have to call the guy back to see exactly what he was talking about what this other shop could do. I know they would be drilling and tapping but I am not sure what else. Well I'll keep you guys updated on what happens.

95 YJ, SOA and axle swap in progress
"When in doubt, gas 'er out"