Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 10-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Heat and A/C issues

Ok, this is the issue.

I decided to turn on my heat this evening cause it is getting a little chilly here in AZ driving w/o windows and having a tee-shirt on. So I put it on the highest setting then turned on the cluster and nothing happened. I tried all the blow levels and all the different kinds of options for the vents and nothing.

Even stranger is I got some of it to work while driving down the highway. I had it on the highest blow setting but it was coming out about what would be considered the first setting. Thing is, when I got off the highway and came to a stop, so did the heat. It was almost as if driving was forcing the air to come out.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so what was your fix. Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue?

I'm beginning to hate my Jeep. The A/C worked fine earlier this summer w/o issue. I rarely ever use my heat or A/C here either.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 10-30-2004, 12:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to blupupher Send a message via Yahoo to blupupher
answered on JU too, # 8 is the HVAC fuse.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Checked the fuse today, looked fine but decided that I should put in another one just in case. Still the same thign is happening.

I did find out that on the lowest blower setting it works but none of the other settings do.

Probably the motor or switch again.... This is only the 3rd time something like this has happened to me and the Jeep since I've had it.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 10-30-2004, 01:22 PM

Something like that happened to mine.

It was the fan speed switch.

$20 something from the dealer.

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 10-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Jamie,

No promises that I can fix it, but you are welcome to stop by tomorrow and we can give it a try.....hopefully determine what is wrong anyway....probably not much chance of snagging a part as it is probably available only from a dealer.

Let me know....I'll be home from church about 11:00 AM and should be free, I think, after that.

My cell is 623-910-8430.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Arizona Chick

Stu,

Thanks for the offer but I'm starting a 4 day trip bright and early tomorrow morning and won't be back until late Wednesday evening. I have Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays off for the remainder of this bid period (until the 20th).

Right now there is a chance I might be heading up with Eric to Payette Draw on Saturday the 6th but that has not been finalized. After that, I don't have any truly solid plans for my days off at this time. If any of those days correspond to your days, let me know.

Old 11-01-2004, 06:14 AM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Jamie,

Several of my upcoming Saturday's are already scheduled and I work on Thursday and Friday. I have the week of Thanksgiving off. Perhaps we can hook up some time during that week.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Arizona Chick

Stu,

I'm going to try to schedule a bulk of my days off then so we'll see. I'll PM you once my schedule is done.