Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 04-09-2005, 10:12 PM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

this may make your eyes bleed

http://www.behold-the-rage.com/jeep_news.html

when you look up psychopath in the dictionary, you should find his picture.
lol
what a wordy nut job.
funny to read the mess he leaves though.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 04-09-2005, 10:50 PM

Can't believe I just wasted three minutes of my life reading that tripe. Sounds like he needs to start taking his meds....

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 04-10-2005, 12:12 AM
I like jesus christ

Send a message via AIM to Dukes69
Good times! Its a good thing he doesnt like us, cause I'm pretty sure we wouldnt like him. This is a tremendous time saver.

AIM: Dukes69
Old 04-10-2005, 09:00 AM
AA reject

Man, that was pretty funny. I think we all need to name our jeeps like vex 1, vex 2, vex 3, vex 4, etc.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Very few of us are capable of coming onto the net and expressing ourselves in a manner as to have those reading understand our perspective unless it falls into line with our own. Even then we will read and translate according to our own life experiences and develop our opinion accordingly.

I tend to come across as a harsh, arrogant, know it all, condescending bastard most of the time and rarely do I spend any time correcting that.

I've read Mr. Stephen's stuff and followed his posts on a few boards and until agitated, he's knowledgeable, opinionated, talented, most capable of defending himself, skin thicker than a elephant, and the most artful troll I've witnessed to date.

His take on several on some of the boards is about as accurate as I've seen.

Eccentricities in him show up here and there, but I don't think that's unique to him. I can at a moment's notice post up some eccentricities about most on this board of at least equivalent quality or greater.

Don't take this as defending him, just observation and if you'd like to speak with him, PM me for a phone number. Nice guy if you start with a blank page.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:07 AM

Quote:
and until agitated
Quote:
and the most artful troll I've witnessed to date.
Quote:
I can at a moment's notice post up some eccentricities about most on this board of at least equivalent quality or greater.
these are some great quotes.
i am sure you are right on all of them.
pm me mr. stephens number, please.
i'd like to give him a ring. or you can give him mine. whichever works.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:22 AM

I found this quote to be quite hilarious and maybe just a little bit true.

"if you interface with these newbies Rock Queen types, you will find probably the most closed minded, juvenile, caustic, rude, insulting elitist group of sissified assholes than anyone from the Sierra Club ever could be."

Another one....

"build things that are not off road rigs, Jeeps, or 4 wheelers, but some nightmarish laughable contraption that looks as if it was dreamed up by some stooge on heroin."

I saved the best for last

"TeraFlex also builds another type of lift kit that is an excellent product. In addition they also build a wonderful gear reduction unit for the Wrangler's NP231 Transfercase, giving a reduction for gearing of 4:1, which really helps for the low end, low range selection and for extreme off road work. TF also builds
many other aftermarket items that are all first class for many types of SUV 4WD besides Jeeps."
Old 04-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Banned for being bad

"TeraFlex also builds another type of lift kit that is an excellent product. In addition they also build a wonderful gear reduction unit for the Wrangler's NP231 Transfercase, giving a reduction for gearing of 4:1, which really helps for the low end, low range selection and for extreme off road work. TF also builds
many other aftermarket items that are all first class for many types of SUV 4WD besides Jeeps."
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:49 AM

Well - whatever else he is he sure is proud of himself in all areas of his life.

It's always nice that people like him are so open minded to all aspects of a hobby, like adventure Jeeping, taking the top off and going to the beach Jeeping, rock crawling Jeeping, picking up chicks or gay guys Jeeping, etc.

Jeff
Old 04-12-2005, 01:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to LeadFoot
You know whats funny, is when I read the first paragraph about his dislike for buggies, I immediatly thought - I bet he posted on pirate4x4. Wouldn't you know it, a few paragraphs down - PIRATE4x4.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
The funny thing is that with his type of dementia, all of you are only valdating the cause for his crusade and fueling his fire. Except Blaine's post, probably just deadspace as the waxxer reads it.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cbassett
The funny thing is that with his type of dementia, all of you are only valdating the cause for his crusade and fueling his fire. Except Blaine's post, probably just deadspace as the waxxer reads it.
Interestingly, the conversations I've shared with Mr. Stephens are open, warm, intelligent, tolerant, and entertaining.

As a matter of fact, I look forward to meeting him in person and sharing a trail with him. Two cases now where my original impressions of the net personalities of folks have been drastically wrong.

I offer big thanks to Mr. Bassett for teaching me to wait until I have enough personal experience with someone before I rush to judgement. A valuable lesson indeed.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:34 AM

I have only read some of his post on pirate 4x4 but for some odd/sick reason his particular selection of which type and grade of fuel in which he wanted to burn some one to death tickled the heck out of me I am willing to bet he would be a very interesting person to have a conversation with..
Old 04-13-2005, 07:33 AM

Re: this may make your eyes bleed

Quote:
Originally posted by NAILER341
http://www.behold-the-rage.com/jeep_news.html

when you look up psychopath in the dictionary, you should find his picture.
lol
what a wordy nut job.
funny to read the mess he leaves though.
I agree fully.

The beauty of the online 4x4 culture. I get attacked, hold a mirror back, and I am somehow the culprit.

I love it. It's, it's, just so darn ......fair......

http://www.jeepbbs.net/forums/newrep...&postid=86188#

robert@behold-the-rage.com
406-755-9765
Old 04-13-2005, 07:42 AM

you got me
i'll give you a call some time today, and we'll see if this phone tag game can be beat.

you have to admit, after reading some of your own posts.. you do sound a bit nutty.

i am looking forward to speaking with you on the phone.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck K.
I have only read some of his post on pirate 4x4 but for some odd/sick reason his particular selection of which type and grade of fuel in which he wanted to burn some one to death tickled the heck out of me I am willing to bet he would be a very interesting person to have a conversation with..
This particular post is a very valid item, and of all the posts in this thread, this one I would wish to address the most. Let me give a stab at this with a little more technical data:

When I douse and burn to death a UFO puke, A Jeep Forum kiddie puke (sorry Jerry), or a Pirate wannabe puke, I do like to make a selection that fairly represents all of our fuel grade types, manufacturers, and fuel options, as I think this only fair.

For me, if I wasn't getting a kick back from the fuel companies for burning to death mutants, freaks, wannabes and Al Queda types within our 4x4 world, I'd personally use only ARCO 97 Octane unleaded. Why? Its pinkish offensive color of used beach towels I find immensely appealing as it splashes all around the side of VEX when fueling.

Too, this is also why I try to comfort and assauge any negative feelings towards me, after witnesses watch me incinerate some asshole with motor fuel, I thus always end my incoherent diatribe of firey death on the unwashed psycho masses within our ranks, with this:

I am love.

So,

I am love.

Great thread. Except for "mr. blaine" who attacked me maliciously in this thread........

406-755-9765
Old 04-13-2005, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert A.M. Stephens

Great thread. Except for "mr. blaine" who attacked me maliciously in this thread........

It was a just attack.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
It was a just attack.
I concur, but your words were so................................harsh!

This is a great place, "blaine". Thank you.

I am love.

406-755-9765
Old 04-13-2005, 08:24 AM
AA reject

{went to get some popcorn}
Old 04-13-2005, 08:39 AM
You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine!

Quote:
Two cases now where my original impressions of the net personalities of folks have been drastically wrong.
Is the other anyone I know?

Robert, welcome....I think this board just got a little more interesting
Old 04-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I concur, but your words were so................................harsh!

This is a great place, "blaine". Thank you.

I am love.

Our society has taught itself to accept circle speak as an accepted form of communication. Questions are asked that have insufficient answers or answers that have little to do with the question actually being asked.

My friend Harry who gives tours and teaches offroading and survival often relates the story of an soon to be irate customer who struggled with this. He was giving a little talk on some particular feature of one of his tours and she interrupted him.

She said " Are we going to eat lunch today?". He stopped, turned to her and replied "Yes", and resumed his talking to the assembled group. She stormed off in a huff because her real question which she failed to articulate was not answered.

The question she wanted answered was "When are we stopping for lunch?". If that's the answer you are looking for, then you need to ask the correct question.

The truth in this case as in most cases is always a little on the harsh side.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Our society has taught itself to accept circle speak as an accepted form of communication. Questions are asked that have insufficient answers or answers that have little to do with the question actually being asked.

My friend Harry who gives tours and teaches offroading and survival often relates the story of an soon to be irate customer who struggled with this. He was giving a little talk on some particular feature of one of his tours and she interrupted him.

She said " Are we going to eat lunch today?". He stopped, turned to her and replied "Yes", and resumed his talking to the assembled group. She stormed off in a huff because her real question which she failed to articulate was not answered.

The question she wanted answered was "When are we stopping for lunch?". If that's the answer you are looking for, then you need to ask the correct question.

The truth in this case as in most cases is always a little on the harsh side.
Your words were the opposite of anything negative--teasing you and you kind demeanor. Your dissertation was great and you were the only one that defended me upon your own.

The example you gave about lunch, and "Yes", and the connection on this medium is so true. We convey by digital words, with our minds, facial expressions, and intention at the keyboard, but often taken in the total opposite of what we feel and intend.

Strange medium.
406-755-9765
Old 04-13-2005, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mnjeeper
Is the other anyone I know?

Robert, welcome....I think this board just got a little more interesting
Well, thank you and thank "mr.blaine" since when he called the ranch and we chatted it was really fun. He told me about this place and I immediately broke out the fuel trailer.....
(just kidding and I am lying again...).

So, I hope that my bizarre behavior, my unstable nature, my caustic and overly self indulgent love of myself and my problems with PMS, all in concert, make for a beautiful off road Forum experience that all of us besides me will be so offended that many will require counseling.

I am love.

I love this place.
406-755-9765
Old 04-13-2005, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
Well - whatever else he is he sure is proud of himself in all areas of his life.

It's always nice that people like him are so open minded to all aspects of a hobby, like adventure Jeeping, taking the top off and going to the beach Jeeping, rock crawling Jeeping, picking up chicks or gay guys Jeeping, etc.

Jeff
This too needs to be addressed.

I am so thrilled with me, my behavior, my incredibly unstable notion of the incredible being I am, I am convinced, and have been for some time, that I would love to meet the architect that built me!! Period!

I mention this several hundred times in my new book, "I am humble and damn proud of it!"
406-755-9765
Old 04-13-2005, 09:49 AM
AA reject

Quote:
[i]I am so thrilled with me, my behavior, my incredibly unstable notion of the incredible being I am, I am convinced, and have been for some time, that I would love to meet the architect that built me!! Period! [/B]
Have you met Allen yet?
Old 04-13-2005, 09:54 AM

Quote:
my problems with PMS
Well that explains everything! I take back the dementia remark.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:39 AM

PMS is a form of dementia so in my book, you were right all along
Old 04-13-2005, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
PMS is a form of dementia so in my book, you were right all along
I know. I meant I take it back as I was being redundant!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:11 AM
You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine!

Quote:
  • bizarre behavior
  • unstable nature
  • caustic
  • overly self indulgent
  • love of myself
  • problems with PMS
Bah, you'll fit in fine

If you don't....I doubt you'll send any of us to counseling, but we'll be sure to get you some numbers
Old 04-13-2005, 11:32 AM

I am relieved to see that many here have deep emotional scars, when they too found themselves in a Turkish Prison. Great, we'll get along famously then.

Funny, as I was reading this thread down, I was cautiously bringing the fuel trailer out of the shop and over to this thread (I currently have onboard TEXACO Unleaded), and was thinking foolishly of bringing it to the forum here, but then I saw the love, and it remains where I dropped it in the middle of the yard.

I am glad to be amongst fellow ego-maniacs.

I am love.
406-755-9765