Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 05-24-2001, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Final score- jeeps 3 cars 0

Right after I put 33's on the green jeep, I was rear ended at a light by a Toyota pickup. Massive damage to the hood and grill. My spare took the brunt of the hit and passed it to the tailgate, which survived unscathed.

I reversed David's jeep leaving a driveway and managed to total a Ford Probe into oblivion. This from a distance of about 4 feet. 12 cents worth of Rustoleum fixed the damage to David's jeep.

Kathryn was on her way home and stopped before making a right turn onto Stonehill. A Volvo decided to pull the Toyota trick and test the sturdiness of her tailgate. Once again, unscathed, with the small exception of a scratch on her rear bumper. The Volvo suffered a destroyed hood, bumper cover, marker light, and is in dire need of a new headlight assembly.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Old 05-24-2001, 08:52 PM
Reggae

Oh no, now you are going to have to recoat the bumper, or at least touch it up with Rustoleum or Hammerite… The Volvo driver is going to have to buy a new Volvo.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 05-25-2001, 08:31 AM

I hate to tell you what my tomken rocker skids do to lowered Acuras..

And my rear bumper?

Ohh... boy, the stories I could tell!
Old 05-25-2001, 07:07 PM

I'm alright!

Thanks for asking; I survived with just frayed nerves. My bumper has a scratch on the right side and my "D-ring" is smudged with black bumper rubs and red Volvo paint. I would like to thank Currie Enterprises for making such a "Rock" solid Jeep accessory, and my husband for installing it properly. My co-workers have suggested that every vehicle should come equipped with Currie bumpers front and rear. I heard the same thing all day, the first time you take your Jeep out, more than that is going to happen to it. (Do you think they know TObject?)