Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 06-15-2001, 02:38 PM

Howdy

Hi, I must introduce myself so that I can post a stupid question, of course in the appropriate place. First, I am fairly new to this Jeepin' thing ... I have owned my Jeep for a year, have been wheeling "stock" for about a year. I have a 2000 TJ, desert sand color, the only upgrades so far are new tires (31 x 10.5 BFG KO's), a couple of oh crappus handles, a broken side step , many trail scratches, and that's about it. So, with this formality out of the way, I can post my stupid questions.
Old 06-15-2001, 03:09 PM
Banned

Hey there! Where ya from (there isn’t much in your profile), whatcha do, etc., etc.

Áron O’Proinntigh is ainm dom
Old 06-15-2001, 03:40 PM
Reggae

Welcome!

Hey AmyTJ! Welcome!

Those 31” BFG AT KO tires are not bad at all. I used to run with those same tires for a long time and I think that those are ones of the best jeeping tires out there. I especially like that little rim-protector rubber lip. Since then, I upgraded to 35” Goodyear MTR tires, those are very good on rocks. Of course, there are lift(s) (4” suspension+1” body minimum), new gears (i.e. 4.56) and different rim backspacing (4”) required to run 35” tires on a TJ. 31” tire is basically as big tire anyone would want to use on a TJ without getting into other mods.

Broken side steps are fairly common amongst jeepers who run them. Sooner or later, especially if/when you start running more challenging trails, you’d probably want to upgrade to some kind of rocker protection, like Sun Performance rocker guards.

Go ahead, and do not be afraid to ask any questions. Jeep Friends, would probably be the best forum to get started for general questions; and you can use Technical Moderator Grounds section, for more specific, reference type questions.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 06-15-2001, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Hello and welcome. Glad you found the place.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Old 06-15-2001, 06:51 PM

Welcome AmyTJ

Another Jeep Chick! I have a 2001 TJ Amber Fire color, currently under modification in our garage. Big Bear will be my first trail run in my Jeep. Ask all of the stupid questions that you want, the only stupid question is the one thats not asked.

Do you live near by? Are you going to join us on the Big Bear run?

JeepKat
Old 06-15-2001, 06:57 PM

me again

Well, I don't think I'll be joining you any time soon on any adventures, unless you want to travel to MICHIGAN! I know, sad, sad deal ... anyhow, skids are high up there on my to do list, already have a pretty beat up stock gas tank skid, and will definately need some rocker panel protection. I really like my tires, so far. They are perfect for what I need, this being my daily driver. I understand that the AT's aren't good in mud, and most of my Jeepin' entails some mud throwin', but getting stuck is sometimes half the fun. Got towed out by a hummer last weekend, don't know if you saw the JU post, but that was pretty interesting. Anyhow, thanks for the welcome, and I will not be shy about asking questions as I progress along with my addiction
Old 06-15-2001, 07:06 PM

sorry Ace

Sorry, I didn't answer any of your questions .. yea, my profile is kind of not there, I never know what to type in those things. I kind of work for GM during the day ... and enjoy the outdoors as much as possible when I am not at the office.
Old 06-15-2001, 07:17 PM

Glad to meet you!!

2000 TJ 4.0L, A/T, all factory options.
Jeep Rater Score 360
http://www.hellbender.rockcrawler.com/
NRA Lifetime Member

NRA Lifetime Member
Old 06-15-2001, 07:17 PM

Hellbender, where is Lebanon?
JeepKat, I am becoming less of a JU fan by the day ... never did post much, but used to enjoy reading. But, I still enjoy the mud, call me crazy!
Old 06-15-2001, 07:22 PM

That's a fair drive just for a visit. Some really nice person gave me an ACF gas tank skid for my Jeep today. I really like it. I am quite fond of the sticker on the back "built to play hard". I have the Sun Performance rocker panel protection, which I have painted "green" to match my orange Jeep. My Jeep looks like a pumpkin, it's one of those colors that people really like or really hate, no in between. I'm building it for myself, so it really doesn’t matter. Every time I look at it, it makes me smile.

I'm not a JU fan. I'm not a mud fan either; it's soooo messy.

Post some pics as your addiction progresses and keep us up to date on your latest modifications.
Old 06-15-2001, 08:13 PM

Hi Crazy Amy!

I'm Willie by day, wumpy by night.. William any other way..

JU is a fun place. Put up a poem, get flamed.. LOL.. well, I'm having fun with it. Welcome to "our" forum. this is a place we can all hang out and have fun... learn and still make yuk yuk's all day long. People here are hard to offend, easy to get joking and ready to jeep..

I am doing this from home.
Old 06-16-2001, 06:23 AM

Hello!
Sounds like you are a way out of state Jeeper!
I'm the sensitive one in this crowd, these other guys (not Kat) are jerks.
Ron