Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006, 01:50 PM

Unhappy No more dual rate swaylock???

I just got off the phone with ORO trying to get some information on the swayloc as their web site no longer even lists it. Much to my surprise they no longer intend on carrying the dual rate swayloc. The next generation sounds like it will be controlled from in the cab but will be a stand alone sway bar instead of the dual rate based on the salesman answers. I inquired about availability of parts if mine where to break and he could not give me a solid answer.

I have a couple of friends who are interested in purchasing a swayloc, seems now they are SOL... It is hard to believe that such a great invention as this could go by the way side. Any ideas on what current swayloc owners will do if they need a part in the future? It would be an intriguing but expensive paper weight if no replacement parts where available..
Old 02-08-2006, 02:28 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Hi Chuck,

How are you my friend?

It is my understanding that replacement parts will be available to support those customers who have purchased SwayLOC's from ORO, on a part-by-part basis to protect your, and my investment.

ORO will no longer be producing complete ?Dual Rate? Sway control systems as allowed under a previous licensing agreement.

That said, it is also my understanding that the technology license owner will allow ORO to have replacement parts available to existing customers.

I wouldn?t worry too much about this, I?m not.

Frank
Old 02-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Re: No more dual rate swaylock???

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck K.
I just got off the phone with ORO trying to get some information on the swayloc as their web site no longer even lists it. Much to my surprise they no longer intend on carrying the dual rate swayloc. The next generation sounds like it will be controlled from in the cab but will be a stand alone sway bar instead of the dual rate based on the salesman answers. I inquired about availability of parts if mine where to break and he could not give me a solid answer.

I have a couple of friends who are interested in purchasing a swayloc, seems now they are SOL... It is hard to believe that such a great invention as this could go by the way side. Any ideas on what current swayloc owners will do if they need a part in the future? It would be an intriguing but expensive paper weight if no replacement parts where available..
You are correct in that the SwayLoc will no longer be a product in the usual sense. However, a refined version will be available shortly through a new company that we licensed the technology to after ORO relinquished their rights to produce it.

We will allow ORO to service existing customers on a parts supply basis as long as we are able to determine that it has not become a profit producing revenue stream. We felt this was the fair solution in assisting ORO in maintaining customer loyalty.

Tell your friends that the new company currently has prototypes in use for testing and to expect release of the product shortly.

Thanks for the kind words about our base design. We worked on it pretty hard and are very happy that folks appreciate it's value.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

When is the new company going to get around to announcing their intentions?
Old 02-09-2006, 06:54 AM

Hi Frank, really great to see you posting again and sharing your ideas, thanks for your information about the replacement parts, that is good news to say the least. I have been attempting to get some projects finished on the jeep when time allows. The swayloc (just as you advised me) is far superior to the anti-rock particularly if you still enjoy time on the highway. The OR-Fab tire carrier is gone now and I have installed corner guards and flush mount LED tail lamps.

Blaine it is reassuring to know you are still involved with this product, I feel I can put most of my worries about this aside. My real concern at this point is if some how the swayloc is greatly improved as I would have a hard time convincing my wife how desperately we need the new version
Please keep us posted on the new design, I have a couple of friends who are interested in this.. Chuck.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck K.
My real concern at this point is if some how the swayloc is greatly improved as I would have a hard time convincing my wife how desperately we need the new version
Please keep us posted on the new design, I have a couple of friends who are interested in this.. Chuck.
Sell it now while the demand outweighs the supply (none) and pounce on a new one when it comes out.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Weston
Sell it now while the demand outweighs the supply (none) and pounce on a new one when it comes out.
Now that is a great angle on the whole situation... Thanks for the tip there Jeff, know any one that wants to buy a slightly used Limited Edition Swayloc for only $700.00 plus S&H?
Old 02-09-2006, 02:01 PM

Re: Re: No more dual rate swaylock???

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine

Tell your friends that the new company currently has prototypes in use for testing and to expect release of the product shortly.

got one for a ZJ ?

pics of my 98 ZJ
Old 02-20-2006, 12:01 AM

Im a little late, but somebody pointed me to this post. To bad the licensing went the way it did and I hope to see the product soon. I was rather interested in grabing one.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: No more dual rate swaylock???

Quote:
Originally posted by norcaljr
got one for a ZJ ?
There will be one for a ZJ and one for an XJ.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: No more dual rate swaylock???

Quote:

pics of my 98 ZJ
Old 02-22-2006, 05:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: No more dual rate swaylock???

Quote:
Well Blaine, since I am the resident SEMA display vehicle..

I am thinking maybe I should be pimpin the new swaylok ZJ model come this Nov.

Hmm, if I only new who to contact???