Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2005, 02:40 PM
dennisuello

front bumstops

I have 4" ProComp coils, RE SF short arms and RE Monotube shocks (10.63 travel in the front). I have 1.5" upper bumpstop extension (with stock yellowish rubber bumpstops) and 2 hockey pucks on the bottom coil pad (temp solution till I figure out what bumpstops to run).

I need about an inch more of bumpstop length.

Since I have short arms, the coils catch on the bumpstop cups, so I shouldn't lengthen the top bumpstops anymore.
Because I have tightly wound ProComp coils it would be a pain to tighten the center bolts if I went with 3" lower bumpstop extensions from RE.

I know Currie makes some bumpstops, but I've never seen them in person. Does anyone have any pictures?

Also, has anyone completely removed the bumpstops from within the coils and fabricated an outside one? What other options do I have?