Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 02-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
First run since Detroit front, ram-assist, 40s...

Daddy like!!

Had a blast. As usual, I led most every trail. Top it off with me installing nearly dead batteries in our camera. So there aren't alot of pics of me.

This was the first run since installing a front Detroit (I have lockright rear), ram-assist steering, and the 40" MTRs. It was a blast! The rig performed flawlessly. This was also a 'fitment run', to see what I need to do to accomodate the 40s.
To do:
-Relocate the front shocks. Looks like the PO didn't reverse the front leafs when they did the SOA, as they probably couldn't figure out the steering issues. Result is the shock mounts on the leaf brackets are located such that the shocks sit and a rearward (to the bottom) list, and very close to the frame. The front flexes so nicely that the shock cans are squared on the inside edge; a result of meeting the frame.
-Bumpstop the front. Going to take me a while to convince the wife of the merits of trimming up the front fenders and reinforcing the lip with tubing (a semi-flattie look that some guys have done, looks sharp, is strong). Eventually I'll reverse the front springs, and gain ~3.75" wheelbase.
-Get the 55 springs in the rear. I had considered just reversing my rear springs, which would gain 3.75" wheelbase from the rear as well. However, I picked up some FJ55 springs for the cost of a case of [good] beer. The 55 springs don't have the offset spring pin, so I gain the 3.75" wb without the negative effect of excessive spring wrap.
-minimal trimming in the rear wells. Suprisingly, there is very little rubbage at full compression in the rear wells. I'll eventually add TJ rear flares to the rear wells, and open up the wells for the added wb. For now, I just need to trim a little bit. Anyone have some rear TJ flares I can have for nada, or next to nada??

That's about it. Other that other projects (LEDs, rocklights, torque arms, kickers/spreaders for cage, York, finish the front bumper-which I'm building part of as an air tank, rocker guards that will resemble stock running boards but will be bulletproof, ad nausium ), the rig is dialed and wheels like a mutha.
Oh yeah, I have a local fabricator working on a clocking ring for the 205, so I'll have the breakover nearly belly-up soon.

Enjoy the pics:
http://fallstromphoto.com/pictures/i...g&spgmFilters=
Old 02-20-2004, 01:27 PM

Re: First run since Detroit front, ram-assist, 40s...

Quote:
Originally posted by cbassett

That's about it. Other that other projects (LEDs, rocklights, torque arms, kickers/spreaders for cage, York, finish the front bumper-which I'm building part of as an air tank, rocker guards that will resemble stock running boards but will be bulletproof, ad nausium ),
What about paint...I mean it's a great color for a baby girl's room...just add a rainbow theme

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 02-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
SKY BLUE! It's SKY BLUE!!
:P