Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 08-20-2006, 04:30 AM
The king of shotgun debate

I need a (good) stock TJ D-30 outer axle shaft

I need a (good) stock TJ D-30 outer axle shaft

I am trying to help out a young lady who just started to attend a small college here in my town.

She parked her 98 TJ in a remote area for a long weekend and when she came back to get it found it was somewhat stripped.

Her wheels, tires and axles (front and back), yes axles and unit bearings, brake calipers and discs, were stolen from under her Jeep! (One would think she parked it in the middle of the South Bronx, where I grew up!)

I have a spare set of wheels and tires, and unit bearings to give her. A few friends have donated the calipers and discs and brake lines.

I also have set of stock axles to put in for her but need one outer shaft for a D-30 as the one I have is buggered up.

Anyone have a D-30 Stock outer shaft in good shape laying around that you might be willing to part with and send to me?

I also need two Axle nuts and washers if you have them too!

I would greatly appreciate it.

Frank
Old 08-21-2006, 05:53 AM

Hey Frank, I'll look in the pile of stuff but not confident I have the right outers. Might have some XJ outers at Ed's house but that's the older 260? ujoint.... I just got rid of my stock TJ shafts about 2 months ago... figures eh?
Old 08-26-2006, 01:26 PM

Frank, I found everything but an outer today, and Ed insists there is one in the pile somewhere. If you still need it let me know, he's gonna dig around some more tonight while cleaning out his shed.

Edit: Does the 260 and 297 ujoint have the same size caps? I never thought of it before, but I'm guessing you could use an older XJ stub too.

Scott
Old 08-26-2006, 07:40 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Hi Scott, thank you for the relpy. I am sorry I haven't been around to respond.

Had a family emergancey with my dad and had to go up to NYC to handle it. Still here.

I have the axle situation taken care of, another freind came through for me and finsihed fixing this young lady's jeep.

I appricate you kindness and offer to help, and yes my freind when I get back to town we are going to have lunch. My treat!

Thanks again,

Frank
Old 08-28-2006, 07:53 PM

Hope all is well Frank, travel safe.