Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 07-28-2007, 06:35 PM

It sure is fun.....

It sure is fun to lock up 37" tires at will!!! I installed the 16" Vanco brake kit with the EBC pads on a customer's rig yesterday, and all I can say is WOW!

Blaine said it would stop better than my 15" kit, and I figured it would....... However I had no idea how MUCH better than my 15" kit. AWESOME work on the 16" kit Blaine. Now I'm upgrading my 15" kit to the larger calipers.

On 35" tires should I use the green EBC pads or the Ceramics??

I think everyone should run one of these Vanco brake kits on their rig. It's a cheap price to pay for a safe brake system on a large tire Jeep.

I think the only way to ever get this point accross to the dis-believers is test drives. It's hard to put into words the feel of these brakes.
68 Jeep M715 army truck
97 F350
Old 07-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Re: It sure is fun.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Macgyver
It sure is fun to lock up 37" tires at will!!! I installed the 16" Vanco brake kit with the EBC pads on a customer's rig yesterday, and all I can say is WOW!

Blaine said it would stop better than my 15" kit, and I figured it would....... However I had no idea how MUCH better than my 15" kit. AWESOME work on the 16" kit Blaine. Now I'm upgrading my 15" kit to the larger calipers.

On 35" tires should I use the green EBC pads or the Ceramics??

I think everyone should run one of these Vanco brake kits on their rig. It's a cheap price to pay for a safe brake system on a large tire Jeep.

I think the only way to ever get this point accross to the dis-believers is test drives. It's hard to put into words the feel of these brakes.
Thanks for the kind words Quinn. The Green pads are better than the 105's. You would be a good candidate for long term durability testing if your last set of destroyed rotors are any indication of how much you abuse your brakes.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Flame Broiled is best

I installed (well, someone did ) a set of the Vanco brakes on my TJ just yesterday. Today, I ran up to Big Bear and ran Holcomb Creek. These brakes are AWESOME! I especially noticed how great they worked on the way back down the mountain on the switchbacks! I agree with Macgyver...until you drive (or stop) with these things, you can really appreciate how good they really are.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:58 AM

The Big Brake Kit on my TJ has spoiled me.

I just replaced the brakes on my WJ.

Man do they suck in comparison.
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 07-29-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Allen
The Big Brake Kit on my TJ has spoiled me.

I just replaced the brakes on my WJ.

Man do they suck in comparison.
I found a WJ replacement online . 13.5" rotors, 6 piston calipers, yours for the low low price of $3100.

All kidding aside, hats off to Blaine and Van for putting together a kit that actually makes a HUGE difference in braking, at a reasonable price. That "other" vendor is still pushing the Stillen package for almost the same amount of money, which isn't all that much better than stock.