Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 11-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Switch panel

Jim is doing some really cool switch panels to replace the factory ones, and I thought I'll post some examples in case someone is interested. Some of you may have seen his overhead consoles on JU (username Geeps), but he now does panels like few can.

Below is the one I purchased, it looks a little funky because it is installed in a 97-02 bezel. Jim made it the way I wanted and the quality, fit, and finish is outstanding, even for a "prototype". The screws are visible because the panel is removable, so you can take it off without taking the dash apart.

Here are other examples. His website is http://www.otrattw.com/ for anyone interested.
he also carries other cool products.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 PM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

those are very nice
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 11-06-2008, 09:29 AM

Wow, those ARE nice!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to NikVallens
Those look real nice and clean. I have had good experiences in the past dealing with otrattw. Ill be interested to see how much they end up costing. I really like the TJ dash pods from 12voltguy but its hard for me to justify spending 3-400 dollars on a handful of switches.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Erik - Don't even think about one of those or else you may want to buy a TJ to put it in.

Yes, Jim is a very nice guy, trying to make a few $$ at something he loves to do. He makes every panel by hand, so you may have to wait a bit, but it is definitely worth the wait. I am sure he can do any combo you have in mind, and you can also choose from full ABS plastic or aluminum facing like I did.

12voltguy makes some nice products, but these are not even in the same league. They are much more involved, cheaper (by a whole lot), and you don't get to bend your shifter. It fits like it should.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to ABQ TJ
wow those look REALLY good!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Forgot to mention, the order form is at http://www.otrattw.com/switch_panel_order_form.htm
Old 11-20-2008, 10:49 AM

That is exactly what I'm looking for. I need to hook up the Rubicon axles and was wondering what switches I could use...plus I want other switches for lights etc...now I have to figure out exactly what I need/want.

Thanks for posting this up

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ