Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 04-09-2006, 05:08 PM

Who is this guy and where the hell has he been?

Hi. Bunch of you know me. I disappeared for about a year and a half. Now I'm dropping by again, if that's ok.

Where have I been? Well... my wife and I moved back to VA in August 2004. We bought a house in her home town of Richmond to be much closer to all of our families. She is now the business manager of NBC12.

Me? Well... I sold the TJ shortly after we moved. Bad mistake. Long story short, I bought a CJ that had been a project for a friend of mine. He lost interest in it a couple of years before, and I got to finish it. As it turned out, it needed everything.

So, I got to do a complete, frame on restoration of a very custom jeep. I hand built a blueprinted, injected 5.0l, rebuilt the clutch, converted it to hydro, rebuilt the tranny, upgraded the D300 with a 32 spline main shaft, new f/r driveshafts, replaced the rear 9" completely after blowing the bearing caps off the 3rd member, added superior shafts and CTMs to the front 9" after exploding them, gone thru 2 sets of tires, 2 exhausts, and a lot and I mean a lot of cussing.

Now, it works. Well. As for my life, I started a fabrication apprenticeship with a company that makes after market parts for Land Rovers. While I still do a lot of marketing, most of my day is spent in the shop, behind a lathe, mill, or tig.

So, that's the story. Where have I been? Well... in the garage, mostly.

Seth

Old 04-09-2006, 07:51 PM

Funny, I was thinking about you the other day. Glad to hear you're ok and things are going well.

Where do you wheel around Richmond? Got any more pics of your CJ?
Old 04-10-2006, 03:17 PM

hi Jim. I'm mostly wheelin in Crozet these days. Its the best and closest the area has to offer.

The jeep looks like this:

Old 04-10-2006, 03:23 PM

What up Seth. Welcome back
Old 04-10-2006, 04:35 PM

That's a perty CJ. I sure do love the old dashes.

East coast wheeling is a lot different than out west, huh? Nothing like trying to hold a line with some slick surface mud on top of the rocks.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:33 PM

Hi Robert! Congrats on the new life!!!! I'm still catching up, but I'm very happy for you.

Yes, Jim, EC wheelin is kind of silly. Its hard not because it should be, but because everything is so damn slimy.

I miss the hammers and Cougar Buttes SO bad.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:05 PM

Thumbs up

Hi Seth. Good to see you drop by. Don't be a stranger.

I was just talking to Blaine about you a few days ago (were your ears ringing? .)

I too have been back east again (since January). I've been working in S Florida on a job assignment yet came home on Thursday so I could wheel in JV this past weekend.

BTW: Nice looking CJ.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:24 AM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
hey seth... glad your back, interesting to hear you've made decisions you regret as well.