Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 09-12-2001, 08:23 PM
Reggae

Images of the tragedy

Robert Yates relayed this power point presentation to share with all JeepBBS members:

http://www.peptide-synthesis.com/pro...101/attack.pps

I have no words.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 09-12-2001, 08:46 PM

Thank you for sharing.

Yesterday I was in shock. Today I am deeply saddened by the attack on innocent persons and the tragic loss of loved ones. I am grateful that no one I know was lost or injured. Our days go on, our lives continue. For others their lives are changed forever and no amount of retaliation can change what happened. I fear that this is just the beginning; new laws will be passed restricting our freedoms. Was this a wakeup call to America? I keep pondering the same question, how could this have happened? And the even bigger question Why?
Old 09-12-2001, 09:28 PM
Administrator

It looks just like the movies, that was my first reaction. I know now that this was my defense at viewing a heinous act so unbelievable that it had to be out of a movie. As I watched the live broadcast of the first blazing hole in the WTC, a plane crossed the picture and exploded into the second tower. Then it struck me with the full horror of what I had seen. I survived on autopilot the rest of the day. It's funny how our minds protect us from accepting enough to overload ourselves with more than we can handle.

Today, more and more bits and pieces of reality have been allowed to creep in. Not large chunks, but amounts that are a bit more than I want to handle, and small enough to really let the anger, pride, and the sadness build. Anger that anyone, for any reason, can destroy life with such impunity. Pride in our American resolve that is being tested mightily and will prevail and grow tenfold. Sadness, immeasurable, heartfelt and holding the tears just under the surface. Tears that threaten to well forth with just the simple reading of the words of our great nation's anthem.

I wish strength, forgiveness, and the promise of the return to happiness to the families, friends and our fellow Americans who have been touched by this. Peace my friends. May justice be sure and redemptive.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.
Which is more important, the degree or education?
Old 09-13-2001, 06:31 AM

It's still hard for me to fathom the depth of what happened.

What makes me angry is people who started rumours about gas shortages, and raised prices to that effect. Also, it makes me angry that people are stating that they should "kill everyone in the name of revenge". This is the same mind set of the terrorist.

I am hopefull/confident that our government will find who is responsible, and take care of that in a full and complete manner. In a perfect world, we could make a bomb that would kill the guilty and spare the innocent.

If anything, I wish I could fly to new york and help.

R/
William
Old 09-13-2001, 07:47 AM

A few more images:

Jeff

94 YJ, one or three mods

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 09-13-2001, 09:20 AM

Another set, "before and after"

Jeff

94 YJ, one or three mods

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:07 PM

This is a link to some high-res images:

http://www.spaceimaging.com/newsroom/attack_gallery.htm
Old 09-14-2001, 02:02 PM
Reggae

Pictures from the inside

http://www.phatmax.net/wtc/wow.php

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com